View Full Version : Seeking an awesome heavey action Sabre blank

Big Mike
02-25-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm looking for a heavey action sabre blank like the one I had when I was younger. Line class 100 lbs to 150 lbs min. I would like to rebuild my shark stick that was burned in a boat fire several years back. I understand a company called Pacific ? something bought out the rights to build sabre blanks, but where would I go to get some of the old style plum blanks in the heavey'er class range? Are any still available anymore? I live in Northern Alabama and fish Super Stripers at Smith Lake. We still go deep sea fishing for yellowfin tuna and would like to go for a broad bill but our rods are to lite to be fishing for big stuff with the likes that we have been see'ing and loosing. I recovered my reel and have restored this old 18/0 Penn back to life but would cheerish the moment it see's a match to its reel seat with a monster whaling in its wake!

beamie
02-25-2008, 02:27 AM
Big Mike,

Pacific Bay...PacBay is the company you heard of, they do make some of the sabre line. The line class of stick your looking for is huge for sharking. You can do a search for Pac Bay and find plenty of info.

I built a sharking rod on a Calstar Blank rated for 40-100 line class. Calstar makes some nice blanks. I haven't built on Pac Bay blanks. Many people use them for they are allot cheaper than some of the big names and you can sell rods at a more reaonable rate. I am sure they are a fine rod for the money.

Mike P
02-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Calstar is Leon Todd, the guy who originally owned Sabre when it was still Sabre and not Pac Bay.

Pac Bay crapped up Sabre's surf rod line-up. I don't know what, if any, changes they made to other product lines.

fishermanjim
03-04-2008, 04:13 PM
never had a prob with lamiglas