View Full Version : Hows Chatham/Brewster Flats been lately?

soupster
10-10-2002, 09:03 AM
I am going up there this weekend to get one last try in and to winterize the boat. I will most likely be at the Brewster Flats area but if its crappy out I will be at Chatham light area trowing eels.
Anyone have any recent luck up in that area?

jeffsod
10-11-2002, 08:00 AM
I wish I could give you a report but I haven't been able to fish there in over a month. Strong East winds on Saturday don't sound very inviting but maybe Sunday. Fall fishing you have to be flexible and move around.

StripperSearch
10-11-2002, 11:35 AM
i'm headed out there next weekend, would love to know how everyone's doing this week....

StripperSearch
10-22-2002, 06:30 PM
We hit the Nat'l Seashore last weekend before the storm. We were probably a mile or so off the coast. Lots of birds. The fish were definitely there... but not like the spring/summer. They would break and go crazy for 10-15 minutes, with birds everywhere. Then nothing for 15-20 minutes... We did see some really nice stripers feeding near the surface, probably in the 30" range (or were they blues?). Got some really good hits, but couldn't land anything. Caught a blue and some dogfish. Then the storm blew in and we had to go in... bummer.