View Full Version : Tuna Talk

saltyric
02-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Just an FYI - The Maddies Anglers Fishing Club is having Capt. Eric Stewart of The Hook Up speak tonight (2/27) at 7:00pm.......At Ryan Marine in Marblehead. He will be talking about trolling tactics, etc....

Thought some people might be interested.....

nautibuoys
02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Assume open to the public/non-members? Thanks.

saltyric
02-27-2008, 10:30 AM
oppps, my bad. It is open to the public....we do it as a way to get more members, but there is NO obligation.........

nautibuoys
02-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Cool-thanks!

Hooper
02-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Eric seems like a good guy. It gets nauseating during the season off Chatham, every swinging Richard wants to be Eric's buddy.

The VHF doesn't stop all day, "Eric, you on this one?" "Eric, I got fish at that location" "Eric, we had two fish in the spread" Really makes me sick....:yak:

If I were at the seminar I'd ask him, "Eric, with all the Yahoos calling you on the radio all day long, how do you have time to catch any fish at all?"

Bunch of kiss asses, shut up and fish.:hihi:

keeperreaper
02-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Let them all follow eric. He is knowledgeable. Please do follow him. Leaves us who like to be away from the fleet that much more quiet productive water. I feel bad in one sense for him because he gets harrassed all day offshore by people but if you drum up your successes and talk and post on the net........... you reap what you sow... People are afraid to try their own thing and have confidence in their abilities and spreads. Once you crack the offshore code it is really a simple game.

kippy
02-28-2008, 06:53 AM
I agree with both Hooper and KR. Last year I was out there and heard Eric complaining about a guy the trolled right across his spread when he had a fish on. Understandable that he was pissed. Guys call him all day saying they're into fish with his bars and when he will get more in, as if his bars are the only ones that catch. What a bunch of rump swabs. He does publicize himself alot though so I agree you reap what you sew. I try to avoid the fleet and find my own fish as it seems to follow a pattern..a few guys fishing together are seen, then another guy pulls up and thinks they're into fish..then another...etc. I like the freedom to find my own fish.

Now KR are going to show me how to unlock the code?:rtfm::hihi:

saltyric
02-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Cool-thanks!

Nauti - Good meeting you guys last night. I thought the show was pretty good....Picked up a ton of info...we'll see how it works out!!!! :spin:

CaptMike
02-28-2008, 09:13 AM
I've met eric and his son before and I know eric's brother very well. All really good guys I bet the talk must have been very well done.

nautibuoys
02-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Saltyric: Same here, thanks much for the hospitality. The show was excellent; picked up a few hints that might help. Stew was more than open about worked for him, what didn't, etc, etc. Overall, great show and a great club. Thanks again.