View Full Version : PLUGS!

Striper SniperX
10-10-2002, 11:28 PM
Hey Guys!
I am Really Concidering getting into Plug Making,,something to keep me Sane During the Winter Months with no fishing :D

I don't have the tools and material to make the "Blank" but i have all other supplies i think.

Anyways- IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE have Plugg Blank(s) - (just the carved piece of wood in the shape of a Bluefish style topwater Plug)
That you would consider Selling to Me
Or Be Kind Enough To Lend a Sample one just to start off with,,,
I Would greatly Appreciate it , Very Much!

Thanks in Advance!

JohnR
10-11-2002, 07:01 AM
Mike - you can dowels at Home Depot and cut them to length, best bet is to tirn them on a lathe, chewin' takes a while...

Also, look thruough the old posts, that's what they are their for. All of your questions will be answered and new ones will be brought up...

Striper SniperX
10-12-2002, 11:25 PM
John R,
Thanks,,,I will be sure to pick them up,,,now what is the Appox. Cost to buy that,, and add some hardware , paint and all? You wouldn't happen to know of a Lure or Plug Making KIT? or Book? you could recomend,,,just for starting off, and the Appx. Cost for that also...?

I'm on a 'Low-Spending Spee'.lol---Trying to Save up a few more To Get a Newer 24'-28' Grady White, Robalo or even a Pro-line Walkaround. Untill then,,,I'm stuck with the 14' Whaler c/c with the Single 40hp (lol) ,,,,Hey- it catches fish for now, DOES THE TRICK! :)

What kind of Boat(s) Are you Running, John? (if-any?)

Have a good One!

Slipknot
10-13-2002, 08:34 AM
You might try PlugBuildersSupply

StarsnStripers
10-20-2002, 06:12 PM
SSX, we can still fish in the winter, It just that the fish may be dormant, some of them atleast. We should do plug building AND plastic pouring also, I'm interested. Again, If any one of you could share some info, nothing is too basic for us, WE NEED IT! lol:)

StarsnStripers
10-21-2002, 10:08 PM
slipknot, would plugbuilderssupply be www.plugbuilderssupply.com??? or is it a real store? I kno, im dumb.:smash: :smash:

Striper SniperX
10-22-2002, 10:57 PM
SnS,
I think, http://www.plugbuilderssupply.com ... is the WEBSITE for the Store..... it is a real store ... i think its in Mass, Tho...
Its like Continental has a website & a 'real' store....

Later!

Jigman
10-25-2002, 12:35 PM
Plugbuilders supply is in MA. Don't think they have a web site. At least the link above did not work. Do not have their number handy, but I'm sure one of the other guys can supply that.

Jigman

JohnR
10-25-2002, 01:51 PM
http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2213&highlight=plug+and+builders+and+supply