View Full Version : question on proper steps

good2hook
03-05-2008, 09:20 PM
sorry to bother you guys again with silly questions, but i'm wondering how you guys do your plugs, from start to finsh. i seal it, prime it, paint it. then i devcon it. then i through wire. should i be doing the through wire before the final sealing? please be gentle:tm:

numbskull
03-05-2008, 09:35 PM
sorry to bother you guys again with silly questions, but i'm wondering how you guys do your plugs, from start to finsh. i seal it, prime it, paint it. then i devcon it. then i through wire. should i be doing the through wire before the final sealing? please be gentle:tm:

What you are doing is fine.

The Dad Fisherman
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Plugs without lips I Epoxy coat after I thru-wire......with lips before I put the lips and thru-wire on.

fishbones
03-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I epoxied the first plug I made before wiring and chipped the epoxy around the tail end when I screwed up trying to make the tail loop. It pretty much rendered the plug useless, though I'll try to fix it up. Worst case scenario, I have something to throw at the blues. I just got around to sealing a couple more tonight and will through wire before applying the epoxy.

jkswimmer
03-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Just give it a second coat.

Charleston
03-06-2008, 08:45 AM
George; You got it bud. Have fun with it.:lama: