View Full Version : Over a $105.00 Barrel

BigFish
03-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Oil companies suck the big one......as does the government for not paying ANY attention to the oil situation! Remember this crap started with Hurricane Katrina......the BS that they had to close down the offshore oil rigs because of the storm. Well the price has not stopped going up since! We have seen any and all excuses used to spur the price of oil towards the stratosphere!! :cens: When will it end?

Raven
03-06-2008, 06:57 AM
when all the alternative technologies join together to make oil products less of a necessity for the consumer. General Motors just announced it's going to build a lithium battery vehicle ...and thats a good sign.

i for one, am sick and tired of hearing about new technologies and or new discoveries....like the ultra thin space age insulation thats 100 times more effective than whats currently available... then thats it...

it's gone .......... never to be heard of again... it should be used in cars and homes and EVERYWHERE... GRRRRRRR

Slingah
03-06-2008, 07:09 AM
great...just in time for a home oil fill...that will sit in my tank all summer :smash:

Backbeach Jake
03-06-2008, 07:13 AM
We have a Texas oil man for Prez who holds hands with the Saudis. Why is anyone surprized at oil prices?

Diggin Jiggin
03-06-2008, 07:20 AM
From the financial times... The interesting part of this article to me is that it's not necessarily supply and demand thats causing the high prices. We need to stop treating oil like a commodity that lets investors dip their hand into our pockets...

Bush tells Opec oil price is hurting economy
By Javier Blas and Ed Crooks in Vienna

Published: March 6 2008 02:00 | Last updated: March 6 2008 02:00

Washington attacked the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries for its refusal to increase oil production yesterday after an unexpected drop in US crude oil inventories pushed prices to a record high.

In strongly worded criticism, George W. Bush, the president accused the oil producers' cartel of damaging the US economy. Mr Bush said oil prices were "making it harder here in America for working families to save and for farmers to be prosperous and for small businesses to grow".

He said he was "disappointed" by Opec's decision to leave production unchanged in the face of record prices. US oil yesterday jumped $5.04 to a record $104.56 a -barrel, before closing at $104.52.

Opec said in its communiqué yesterday that the -market was "well-supplied, with current commercial oil stocks standing above their five-year average". The cartel also "noted, with concern, that the current price environment does not reflect market fundamentals".

Mr Bush said: "It should be obvious to all that demand is outstripping supply and it's making prices go up." US crude oil stocks unexpectedly fell last week by 3.1m barrels to 305.4m barrels, nearly 6 per cent below last year's level.

Chakib Khelil, Opec's president, blamed the rise in oil prices on speculation associated with the weakness of the US dollar. "What is happening in the oil market is due to the mismanagement of the US economy," he said.

Investors have been pouring into commodities, particularly oil, to hedge against the fall of the dollar driven by cuts in US interest rates.

BigFish
03-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh! Well as long as Bush's comments were "strongly worded"......I feel better now! Why are we not stepping up production here in the US to increase supply and drive the prices down?? ??? ?? ? ?

The Dad Fisherman
03-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh! Well as long as Bush's comments were "strongly worded"......I feel better now!

On the Brighter side, Bush did a nice little dance for the reporters, Yet Again, yesterday :rolleyes:.....he's a regular "America's Darling" when the cameras are around.

Nobody on the entire planet takes us seriously anymore thanx to that joker :wall:

Raven
03-06-2008, 09:01 AM
you'd think he was trying to go down in history as the
President with the most comedy ever...in office

when world war 2 was happening.... which was
for the most part before most S-B ers were born
there was a valiant effort by the American people
to donate copper for the war effort no matter where
it came from....

it's going to take that kind of UNITY to change the
way we do things in AMERICA ...

like right after 9/11 when everyone was driving with flags

until that happens : we are at their (opec's) mercy
bent over the oil barrel

GattaFish
03-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Larry I totally agree but then again I don't care who is Pres. it is all a crock of C#$@ no matter what anyone says.

They are ALL politicians that are being manipulated by big business and producing countries that want enormous growth and wealth.

If CONGRESS can order a hearing on stuff like steroids in baseball then what the heck are they doing when it comes to oil... Honestly I think they have lost what little control they have had in the past.

Who knows it may not be to important to them either. Or maybe the oil companies are taking care of their personal needs through lobbyists or some other way. Who knows maybe they think that RECORD and DISGUSTING size profits by the oil companies are acceptable.

I said it months ago and I will say it again,,, The market WILL drift lower towards summer and retest some lows, if it can not find support then hang on. Oil will go higher and the economy will CRATER.

I only hope T.Boone Pickens is right again, (He is shorting oil) but I doubt it.

Fishpart
03-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Blame Prez, but Congress weilds as much power as he does by the separation of powers. Once the Dem's get a majority in Congress (at the last election in case you wondered) they will pass or at least propose legislation that will protect us from high oil prices and record profits.... SHOW ME. rant over :thanks:

Swimmer
03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Oil companies suck the big one......as does the government for not paying ANY attention to the oil situation! Remember this crap started with Hurricane Katrina......the BS that they had to close down the offshore oil rigs because of the storm. Well the price has not stopped going up since! We have seen any and all excuses used to spur the price of oil towards the stratosphere!! :cens: When will it end?

Larry its the future traders that are croaking us on this.

basswipe
03-06-2008, 05:37 PM
This was expected.The camel jockeys and the oil companies love this shiite.Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$

$4 by Memorial easy.

UserRemoved1
03-06-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.com/images/gasprices.jpg

eastendlu
03-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Talk about not using any lubrication giving us the shaft.:whackin:

spence
03-06-2008, 05:51 PM
This was expected.The camel jockeys and the oil companies love this shiite.Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$

$4 by Memorial easy.
I think we can do without the color there wipe :hs:

-spence

basswipe
03-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I think we can do without the color there wipe :hs:

-spence

I make no excuses about how I feel about muslims or believers of islam.No color involved...I don't like muslims or those of islamic faith.

Their only purpose in the 21st century is an end to the way of life as we as Americans live.

They hate us,including you.They really do.

Parking lot as far as I could be bothered.

spence
03-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I make no excuses about how I feel about muslims or believers of islam.No color involved...I don't like muslims or those of islamic faith.

Their only purpose in the 21st century is an end to the way of life as we as Americans live.

They hate us,including you.They really do.

Parking lot as far as I could be bothered.
It's okay to be a bigot, this is America after all.

But when another Sikh is murdered after a terror attack, mostly because he had a rag on his head, why don't you ask his family what they think about Muslims. You may be surprised...

-spence

basswipe
03-06-2008, 08:16 PM
It's okay to be a bigot, this is America after all.

But when another Sikh is murdered after a terror attack, mostly because he had a rag on his head, why don't you ask his family what they think about Muslims. You may be surprised...

-spence

I'll never feel guilty.

I'm an Armenian,mine have been on the butt end of islam all over this planet.What was that bizarre thing that exterminated 2.5 millions
Armenians.....GENOCIDE!.Yup...islam tryed killing us for being us.

No love for muslims here.NONE.

Bigot you say.That's like calling a Jew a bigot for not liking nazis.

gone fishin
03-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Let us not forget who wrote our energy policy for this administration. He not only wrote it he made sure the learned one who is his captain made sure it was kept a secret. They both were parteners with standard oil - probably still are. Blind trust ya say ??? Bush Cheney - americas protectors! :sled::lama:

spence
03-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I'll never feel guilty.

I'm an Armenian,mine have been on the butt end of islam all over this planet.What was that bizarre thing that exterminated 2.5 millions
Armenians.....GENOCIDE!.Yup...islam tryed killing us for being us.

No love for muslims here.NONE.

Bigot you say.That's like calling a Jew a bigot for not liking nazis.
No, it's like calling a Jew a bigot because they don't like Germans.

-spence

RIROCKHOUND
03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
No, it's like calling a Jew a bigot because they don't like Germans.

-spence

Spence, :cheers2:
great line. I mean, you hate catholics because a priest.... sorry you told me that in confidence :hihi:

Seriously, it is a great point. Many people don't make the distinction. Muslims are fine; it's the extremist nut-jobs we should worry about.

Swimmer
03-07-2008, 10:46 AM
WONDERFUL!:thanks:

eastendlu
03-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Talk about going off topic.

EarnedStripes44
03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Bigots just need a little love.

UserRemoved1
03-07-2008, 05:46 PM
$624 FILLUP TODAY 177 gallons at 3.526 a gallon

THIS IS A FRICKIN SCAM.

Here's why I say this.

Saturday morning 6am local station is 3.89/gallon premium diesel. Saturday 4pm they're at $3.99 a gallon, Sunday 6am they're at 3.94 a gallon. So I fillup on Monday and it's still 3.94 a gallon. I ask the guy what's up with the price over the weekend he gets all pissed off at me. Says he's not going to raise his price a nickel it's too damn much work and he'd just as soon close the doors for the money he makes. Starts mumbling back and forth...I really pissed the guy off asking this. Says he got fuel Saturday nite. OK so how come the price went down a nickel then Sunday when NO-ONE is even open....

Think about this...Home heating oil dealers make about .75 cents a gallon right now. There's a .56/gallon road tax in Massachusetts right now too. I just paid $3.52 a gallon today for home heating oil...less .75 is $2.77 a gallon their approx wholesale cost. Add .55 a gallon to this makes $3.32 a gallon wholesale PREMIUM diesel cost. So they're making .67 a gallon at the pumps....NOT the .05 or .10 they claim to be making or losing money!!! So that means these ripoff artists are making $7-15 a vehicle for a fillup! Multiply that by 20 cars/trucks an hour conservative...and times 13 hours a day...holy CRAP these guys are RAKING in the money. It's ALL a SCAM. I don't feel bad for any of these guys any more.

WHEN is our elected officials going to stand up and stop this senseless BS.

basswipe
03-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Spence, :cheers2:
great line. I mean, you hate catholics because a priest.... sorry you told me that in confidence :hihi:

Seriously, it is a great point. Many people don't make the distinction. Muslims are fine; it's the extremist nut-jobs we should worry about.

Of course I've made the distinction.I didn't say I dislike Arabs or Middle-Easterners,I said I hate muslims(practioners of islam)...you can't be muslim without practicing islam.Islam is a way of life that doesn't include the way Americans or those that don't practice islam live.

Spend a little time actually researching the Armenian Genocide and talk to some of the survivors of the 2.5 million Armenian slain by muslims like my grand parents.

I've definitely made the distinction and don't you,Spence or anyone else EVER claim I haven't.

I'm done speaking with people who don't deal in reality.

spence
03-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Of course I've made the distinction.I didn't say I dislike Arabs or Middle-Easterners,I said I hate muslims(practioners of islam)...you can't be muslim without practicing islam.Islam is a way of life that doesn't include the way Americans or those that don't practice islam live.

Spend a little time actually researching the Armenian Genocide and talk to some of the survivors of the 2.5 million Armenian slain by muslims like my grand parents.

I've definitely made the distinction and don't you,Spence or anyone else EVER claim I haven't.

I'm done speaking with people who don't deal in reality.
So you're in effect blaming all Muslims past and present for the Armenian Genocide (by your stereotypes including some non-Muslims as well) and claiming you're the one dealing in reality? :huh:

Yes the World certainly hasn't given Armenians their due for the epic suffering that did indeed happen, but to hold a grudge against a billion (mostly uninvolved) people for it seems to be more than a bit aberrant.

-spence