View Full Version : Show Seminars

Goose
03-06-2008, 10:29 PM
What draws me to the winter shows 1st and foremost is who's giving a presentation and what its on. I haven't attended a show in the last couple years for that reason.

Imo, to have a well rounded seminar is just not about having facts thrown in your face or numbers and pictures. In addition to those things the person needs to know how to be a effective, he needs to use all the tools of a master communicator. When a speaker can tell a story using visuals and being creative he will in turn have grasped the entire audience. Isn't that the key? I think we'll all agree that bait fisherman can learn from a lure seminar or a surf head can learn from a boater or vis versa. A good fishing presentation is like a good fishing book that targets all fisherman. Those kind of seminars take a lot of preparation, sometimes years in advance. Not to many are willing to give that much time into something that benefits others.
imo,, In the past I think Charlie Soars has done just that but imo he's gotten repetitive and I think he's a little tired of dealing with fisherman in general.
Crazy Al... I really like his seminars, I'll take the time out to attend one. What you see on the Net is basically what you see in person. For the most part he's well liked and theres a reason behind it. He'll talk to everyone, can't say I've heard him put anyone down. imo he has a people personality too, a qaulity that draws all kinds fisherman.
Although most of the seminar guys know that no matter how hard they try you can't pleas them all.
Someone like the P.Melnik or some another irregular speaker I'll make the drive in the hope of hearing something I haven't heard before, like many seminars I may not agree with everything but I leave there knowing more.
Recently at TFCTF night Steve gave a excellent seminar on slugos, when you leave there ready to work rubba in your lawn you know the guy is getting his point across.

And Laptew's presentation, well lets just say he's in a class of his own.

who have been some of your favorites in the past. why

cow tamer
03-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Then you'll want to attend the Rivers End seminar on Saturday. Both Zeno and Crazy Al will be speaking.

numbskull
03-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Lefty Kreh .........probably the best fisherman alive and very entertaining.

bloocrab
03-07-2008, 07:35 AM
I'd love to see Abbot and Costello do a seminar on fishing for Bluefish. :err:

I am and always will be a Soares fan. Call it the Porgajueez in my blood.:wave:

Joe
03-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Yes - the seminars are what draw the people in. Ironic that the presenters either don't get paid or get next to nothing. In another example of the upside down world of sport fishing, the people who draw the crowds and have the knowledge get nothing, and the guy selling fudge makes three grand a day.