View Full Version : Clapton Tickets?

BigFish
03-08-2008, 04:18 PM
So who got them for the June 4th show?:tooth:

BigFish
03-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I am going! Can't remember if this will be 8 or 9 times seeing "Slowhand"!:tooth:

Sidenote: E.C. is a big fisherman!:fishin:

ProfessorM
03-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Thought about you when I heard he was coming. Maybe you will luck out and Albert Lee will be his rhythm player. Enjoy

Flaptail
03-08-2008, 06:54 PM
He's been in the business a long time but totally overated IMHO.

Sorry but there ae tons of more technically brilliant guitarists ( I heard a few today while testing Les Pauls at the Commonwealth Ave Guitar Center in Boston today.

There was an older guy (probably my age) who I sat and watched as he was checking out a Taylor electric who just blew me away. He didn't say a word except for "thanks" when I told him how good he was and impressed I was. Man, he looked a truck driver but his fingers were blessed with God given talent.

BigFish
03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Did you take a "Duck" boat in there today Steve?:tooth:

EricW
03-10-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm going. I've seen EC every tour since 1987, and a couple times saw both shows when he was in town. Total Clapton addict.

Got lucky in the random # drawing, I was 3rd in line at the box office. Got Section 3 about 20 rows back. Tickets sure went fast. Right after me, tickets were in section 4,5,6 etc. People before me got 3rd row.
I got super lucky in 2006 got 6th row at the garden. Almost missed hearing about this one, only about a week after they announced it they went on sale. Be interested in hearing peoples experiences buying tix online. I always try to go to the box office. But have always wanted to try to get lucky on line.
Should be a great show.

ThomCat
03-11-2008, 06:24 AM
He's been in the business a long time but totally overated IMHO.

I have to respectfully diagree. Clapton, along with Hendrix, Beck, Page, Stevie Ray and a few others were the pioneers of the second coming of the blues. He is an inovator, a survivor as relevent as he was 40 years ago, a true student of the blues and the guitar, a three time electee to the R&R HOF and a musician aware of his position and good fortune and willing to give back. He's overcome his many demons. He's also a hell of a guitatist and song writer with a true understanding of how to make lasting music. Some of those early live recordings were even more amazing considering he wacked for a lot of them. ;) :kewl:

BigFish
03-11-2008, 06:27 AM
I wanted to argue the point Thom but did not want to bang my head against the wall! You did a great job! He is also the ONLY 3 time inductee into the HOF!:grins:

Flaptail
03-11-2008, 09:28 AM
I have to respectfully diagree. Clapton, along with Hendrix, Beck, Page, Stevie Ray and a few others were the pioneers of the second coming of the blues. He is an inovator, a survivor as relevent as he was 40 years ago, a true student of the blues and the guitar, a three time electee to the R&R HOF and a musician aware of his position and good fortune and willing to give back. He's overcome his many demons. He's also a hell of a guitatist and song writer with a true understanding of how to make lasting music. Some of those early live recordings were even more amazing considering he wacked for a lot of them. ;) :kewl:

Being inducted into the R&R "Hall of Fame" is not impressive to me just like the Grammys, it's an industry driven event and real talent, though there have been may who have been inducted that have great talent, is for the most part a sham ( Madonna a "rock & Roll" icon?). He may have been all you say but technically his most impressive music was with Cream (maybe there is something to be said for psychedelics?)

Some people think Jimmy Buffet is great as well (ick!!!!!!)

If you play guitar you would understand where I am coming from. Clapton since Derek and the Dominoes ( where he was teamed with an outstanding guitarist named Dwayne Allman who could not read a note of music btw but played from his soul) has followed a path of least resistance relying on proven blues artists methods and renditions of thier pioneering body of workand the chemistry of the
popular song to sell albums.

Give me an Adrian Belew any day.

BigFish
03-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Open thy mind tall one!:bl:

The Iceman 6
03-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Great response Thomcat. I agree too (what's up with the bold font though?). Flap, Clapton is a guitar legend (end of story).

I also too agree with you Flap re: Duane Allman, the guy was brilliant and actually played with Clapton, most of the guitar work you hear on Layla is from Duane, in fact most of that album Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs is mostly Duane. Duane worked with a bunch of musicians as well, I mean a bunch - from Aretha to Wilson Pickett. You talk about slide guitar, you talk of no other man. If you haven't read the Allman Brothers Band book, it's a real solid read.

Ice