View Full Version : Somewhere over

ProfessorM
03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Looking thru some pictures. I need to see the color green again in the landscape. Sick of dull drab brown

justplugit
03-08-2008, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=ProfessorM;572637 Sick of dull drab brown[/QUOTE]

P. buy one of them tourists T shirts in Puerto Rico and add it to your wardrobe. :hihi:

gone fishin
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Nice blossoms - you need to go to the flower show tomorrow:bl::bl::bl:

Raven
03-08-2008, 10:28 PM
where i live...

flower bulbs pushing up everywhere

so it won't be long now

had 60 mph winds tonight howling

like a freight train.... it was tornado like

but it has subsided thankfully

Goose
03-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Nice Pix, your yard? My favorite kind of landscapes are natural, wild & a little over grown but you wouldn't know it lookin at my yard. I figure its gonna take about 10-15 yeras before it fills in with lush green trees and shrubs like them white rody's ya got there. Buying mature plants and trees cost big bucks somethin I ain't got.

Anybody ya got any trees you wanna sell?

ProfessorM
03-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Goose. I have been at it for a good 15 years so far. I prefer to buy my landscape plants on the small size. I like to watch them grow and I am constantly moving them about until I am satisfied with the location. March is the time of year to move stuff. I have 2 big rhodys to move. My friend is going to avoid me till after March because I am always asking him to help with the slave labor. I am up to well over 100 cultivars of Rhodys and Viburnums. I also prefer the natural informal look. I had a plan many years ago and am pretty much sticking to it. I actually enjoy gardening as much as fishing. Good exercise to boot, especially dragging 250 lb rootballs around the yard with a tarp.

Moses
03-09-2008, 12:21 PM
problem uploading pics

Raven
03-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Nice Pix, your yard? My favorite kind of landscapes are natural, wild & a little over grown but you wouldn't know it lookin at my yard. I figure its gonna take about 10-15 yeras before it fills in with lush green trees and shrubs like them white rody's ya got there. Buying mature plants and trees cost big bucks somethin I ain't got.

Anybody ya got any trees you wanna sell?
===========================================
just an FYI

i just received an offer from the Arbor Day foundation
ok..... and for a $ten dollar membership fee... they'll send you ten flowering trees: 2 redbuds , 2 white flowering dogwoods, 2 flowering crab apples, 2 washington Hawthorns and 2 golden Raintrees (usually small but hey they'll grow )
plus you get 33-56% discount on all tree's , also a tree book, the subscription to Arbor Day, a calender of the rainforest , coffee offer and address labels... so for the $10.00 expenditure
i think your getting your moneys worth. :musc: oh i forgot, and they'll send you a fragrant purple lilac bush if you take them up on the offer within 10 days...

ProfessorM
03-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I have several of those trees I planted 12 years ago. I like the hawthorns, dogwoods are not Kousa's so they will eventually get their usual disease but still nice. I have trouble with redbuds, but still have one left. No raintrees. Good deal.
Here is where I like to get a lot of my special plantings. Small sizes but if you have the time you can get some really exotic stuff that no one probably has.
http://www.forestfarm.com/
Send for the catalog it is the most comprehensive one I have ever seen . If it grows they have it. No pictures though. You have to know what you want. Although the website it seems has over 5000 photos. That is news since I last ordered. I will send out my order soon, although I am running out of space for much more.