View Full Version : Belfast Maine Fishing

Fish On
03-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm going to be doing a week in Belfast Maine last week of May/1st week of June. I'm thinking of bringing the boat and doing a little fishing, but I have no idea if it's worth it. Does anyone have any local knowledge of the fishing out of Belfast at that time of year? What is in range? What is hot at that time of the year? Too early for mackeral way up that far? I'll bet the stripers and blues are nowhere near there at that time. How about Cod and Haddock? Any other tips/suggestions?

Thanks!

Clammer
03-09-2008, 05:15 PM
That,s just about the time smallies are spawning up there & the L/M will being on or off /day by day thing // depending ob the weather >>>

Fish On
03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't fish fresh water much any more, but I appreciate the info. Clammer. I'll throw a lake rod in the truck in case a good opportunity presents itself. Anyone fish the salt up that way and have any info?

Thanks!

gf2020
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Don't bother bringing the boat, too early for most of everything up there.

Clammer
03-10-2008, 08:40 PM
F/O

but it beat the S %^&* on going all the way up there & its still toooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold for the stripes :lasso:

Fish On
03-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Not even cod? I'm shocked, not that I'm an expert at all, but wow, I thought there would at least be cod.

islander
03-11-2008, 06:01 AM
You can catch smallies, there good in early spring. Stripers are right around the corner there, they will be catching some in southern maine then. Always cod, just find some humps and jig or clams you'll catch