View Full Version : Simms Rivershed stockingfoot waders

cheferson
03-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Any good??

nightprowler
03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Don't know but im seriously consideringpicking up a pair. My beans were recalled and i was looking at those.

numbskull
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I have a pair made with custom bootfoots. They're decent, but I also have the G3's in stockingfoot (bought on #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&'s recommendation) and like them better. The leg shape and seam location on the G3's, as well as the extra abrasion resistance on the butt, seems to make them easier to walk in. If you go with the bootfoot option, they use Muck boots, so go try a pair on at BassPro first. In general I have been very pleased with the quality of the Simms product.

The Dad Fisherman
03-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't know but im seriously consideringpicking up a pair. My beans were recalled and i was looking at those.

Same here....just dropped them back off on Saturday. Liked them too...I don't know what to get now....$300 is a little steep for my budget

cheferson
03-12-2008, 08:59 PM
I went through 3 pairs of the llbean wicked tough waders last season. The simms are the same price and made here , not China.

bart
03-12-2008, 10:07 PM
waders? you don't need no stinkin' waders. wetsuit :nailem:

Clogston29
03-13-2008, 06:38 AM
i don't have those waders, but simms is one of the few companies that I have had zero issues with their products.

if your looking for tough waders, check out patagonia too. I love mine. One of the best fishing purchases I've made. I used to go through 2 or 3 pairs of cabelas a season until I got them. Plus, patagonia's customer service and warranty are great. Pricey though.

PaulS
03-13-2008, 07:01 AM
I have a pair of boot foot breathables that I have to send back to Simms about every other year to fix a small leak. Usually its about $35. Good product but I think the salt just beats everything up.

The Dad Fisherman
03-13-2008, 07:25 AM
waders? you don't need no stinkin' waders. wetsuit :nailem:

Not with the way I hear you guys talking about seals......

Mr. Sandman
03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
I am glad to hear some feedback about the Muck boot on the Simms, I was thinking about getting a pair. Up till now, I keep a few pair of boot foots and and one attached stockingfoot style of waters (new cabelas thing) ready to go and I genenerally replace one pair per year as they rotate thru the line. (I get about 2-2.5 seasons on a pair then toss them)
I have tried most every brand (except the expensive simms) and I have to say you pretty much get what you pay for. The key thing is to have multiple pairs ready and get good customer service. Frankly I find the easy in/out of a boot foot the best way to go, I don't like dealing with laces on waders although they provide more support.

Not to change the topic but I am intersested in trying a wetsuit this year. Is a 3mm suit the way to go? Any particular brand better than another? I was wondering how cold you get standing in air in those suits?

RIROCKHOUND
03-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Jim;
I only use a wetsuit if I'm going to be in the water a lot, mainly because it is overkill for a lot of my spots, and I find not as comfortable walking around when you are dry (chaffing!)

I bought a 3mm suit, which is fine for Rhody from late May through Oct. If it is cold, I add a 1mm top under my suit, AND wear one of my dry-tops, mainly to block the wind. Since I'm usually on the sand, I wear 1mm neprene socks, with 3mm diving booties with a rubber sole. If it is really cold, I wear a pair of wool sucks under the 1mm neoprene. makes a big difference

Opt for a suit with 'stretchy' neoprene (there's a name for it) around the shoulders; better suits have it for paddling out to waves, but it makes casting less tiresome. I have a rip curl. no major complaints.

bart
03-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Not with the way I hear you guys talking about seals......

we don't got no stinkin' seals either :tooth:

we have some spots that are perfect for a wetsuit...

cheferson
03-13-2008, 02:52 PM
ALready have a wetsuit, just need to get the waders