View Full Version : Good spots for swimming/pulling towables in Boston Harbor.

Fishin' Blues
03-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Looking for ideas.

It's hard to find a spot where you don't feel in the way.

Raider Ronnie
03-15-2008, 11:44 AM
!:hidin:

Fishin' Blues
03-15-2008, 12:36 PM
nevermind. lol

thefishingfreak
03-15-2008, 01:53 PM
You can anchor up in worlds end with the hundred of other boaters,swimmers, party people, on any given weekend but I wouldn't recomend pulling a towable anywhere in the harbor.

beamie
03-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Quincy bay, Wollaston Beach one of the better areas but best during the week for towables.

Raider Ronnie
03-15-2008, 09:34 PM
What Fighingfreak said is good advice.
From Spiniker Island-Bumpkin- into Worlds end would be a decent area for pulling a towable with a bit less boat traffic in that area and giving plenty of shelter from wind!
But beware, they do sail boat races around there (mostly mid week)
What ever you do if you are going to pull a towable around,
Learn the routes the commuter boats travel and stay clear of them!!!

Van
03-16-2008, 10:07 AM
If your gonna tube or ski, go outside Nantasket beach in Hull, Nice cool clean water, sandy bottom and little boat traffic.
Personally I wouldn't swim where there isn't a lot of water being exchanged (like inside) that gook is still on the bottom, and all the boats add more. Nantasket faces open ocean and the water is cleaner.

Have fun.

mackenzie
03-16-2008, 01:05 PM
You could try Hingham harbor. If you're trailering there's a free ramp right on 3A at the beach. Water to the left of the ramp and out towards the small islands doesn't seem to get alot of use. Just have to watch your tides. I would think a couple of hours on each side of high wouldn't be a problem but the bay pretty much goes dry toward the bottom. Check your charts.

thefishingfreak
03-16-2008, 01:43 PM
alot of those inner harbors are no wake zone to don't forget.

freebie
03-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I would have to agree with off Nantasket, most of the inner harbor is also loaded with lobster pots most of the summer, nice avatar by the way, I've seen about 30 shows back in the day

stripermagnet
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
yea if you can handle the open ocean water temp

Fishin' Blues
03-17-2008, 09:47 AM
I wasn't sure if it was cool to ski or tow over at Nantasket. The Worlds End area is cool with me too. Thanks for the info dewds(dewdettes?).

Jnatti
03-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Worlds end can get pretty busy somtimes, like it was said before you would be better off if you were on the nantasket beach side. if you decide to stay harbor side be wary, somtimes the harbor masters can be a bit anal.

just my $0.02

Jay

freebie
03-17-2008, 08:15 PM
if you're in a bigger boat than worlds end is probably not a great idea, I know alot of guys like to fish the shoreline over there and people anchor and hang out, it's not against the rules to ski or tow there but it's also not very considerate to wake people that are anchored either fishing or partying, I know it drives me nuts when a bunch of kids come screaming by my lines within a couple feet of them and send my boat rocking around, I always head out front of the beach to pull people around, don't want people to hate me for doing that to them

Monty
03-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Rock Island Cove is a good spot for tow ables, you just have to be aware that it's a tidal estuary with a big sand bar next to raccoon Island.;)