View Full Version : Jigs, Rigs, and Stuff.

plankton
03-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know what happened to these guys? Just went to their site to place an order and I got a message saying that the site name does not exist, not sure if they got a new address or what It's a great place for bucktails and tins, I'd be bummed out if they went out of business. If anyone knows what the deal is I'd be grateful to hear. Thanks.

emgred
03-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Found the same thing. Been getting bucktails from them for a number of years. Very good work.
I sent an email to the last address I had for the owner, will let you know if I hear anything.

plankton
03-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks emgred.

emgred
03-16-2008, 11:21 AM
No reply as of yet, but the email did not get kicked back to me. I guess we will wait and see.

plankton
03-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Another member sent me a PM and told me that they sell on ebay under the name bucktail-1, I checked it out and it looks to be the same guys. Perhaps they forgot to renew the domain name for their site and it's down temporarily.

emgred
03-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Another member sent me a PM and told me that they sell on ebay under the name bucktail-1, I checked it out and it looks to be the same guys. Perhaps they forgot to renew the domain name for their site and it's down temporarily.

Thanks plankton. I'll check it out. Hope I can still get some of the custom stuff I got last year.

Mr. Sandman
03-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Quite recently (just a few weeks ago) I placed and order for some bucktails and recieved prompt service. I hope he is still around. He had some good stuff.:confused:

fondew
03-17-2008, 01:12 PM
His website we be back up soon.

He changed servers and its taken longer than promised.

emgred
03-17-2008, 01:46 PM
His website we be back up soon.

He changed servers and its taken longer than promised.

Just to follow up, received this today:
"I have been out of town since last thursday I changed servers and was promised the site would be up and running Friday and I am on the phone with go daddy .com right now. ( on hold of course)
trying to find out what the problem is.
Try again to night Sorry about this. And you can bet I am no happier then you.

Now they tell me bu end of business today."

That is good news since they do ship quickly.

plankton
03-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the info fondew and emgred. Just in time to stock up for the season!:fishin:

cow tamer
03-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Still no site to be found ?????

emgred
03-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Still no site to be found ?????

Yep Still looks like it is under construction. I'm sure the Holiday week does not help.

plankton
03-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Well they're back, sort of, looks like the site is still being built, but some stuff is up. One strange thing I noticed is that they seem to be only offering things in packs of three, which I guess is fine for stuff like diamond jigs and even bucktails, but they offer some other items that I would like to try out by purchasing just one, I don't want to have to buy three of everything. Maybe when the site is fully up and running they will give different options on quantities.

maddmatt
03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
try terminal tackle

lots of stuff and reasonable prices

emgred
04-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Well they're back, sort of, looks like the site is still being built, but some stuff is up. One strange thing I noticed is that they seem to be only offering things in packs of three, which I guess is fine for stuff like diamond jigs and even bucktails, but they offer some other items that I would like to try out by purchasing just one, I don't want to have to buy three of everything. Maybe when the site is fully up and running they will give different options on quantities.
Give George a call or send him an email. He is very accommodating. Send me a PM if you need the email address.
Ed

plankton
04-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks emgred. I was thinking of calling in my order to see if I could get single items. The old site mentioned many times how they would do custom stuff, so I figured they wouldn't have a problem with it. That reminds me, you mentioned in an earlier post that you got some custom stuff, mind if I ask what that was?

emgred
04-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks emgred. I was thinking of calling in my order to see if I could get single items. The old site mentioned many times how they would do custom stuff, so I figured they wouldn't have a problem with it. That reminds me, you mentioned in an earlier post that you got some custom stuff, mind if I ask what that was?
Plankton

I had them make some of the Squid Bucktails in black. Was great with Uncle Josh black widow eel trailer.:btu:

plankton
04-02-2008, 01:23 PM
That's creative thinking emgred. I never would have thought of a squid imitation in black, but why not. I was planning on ordering some of the nylon squid jigs he makes and using a big curly tail grub on them, should work great in deeper water when the squid are around (hopefully as thick as they were last spring!).

Mr. Sandman
04-02-2008, 01:29 PM
The problem with those jigs (as nice as they look) is that they dive like a mother. The eye is too far aft. They would best be used to troll from a boat. They do look nice though. I used them and the snapper slappers (which is what those were cloned off of) and they are work best when trolling over a sandy bottom IMO. From the beach it is too difficult to get it off the bottom...if you reel faster or jerk it...it dives more.

Hooper
04-02-2008, 02:13 PM
The problem with those jigs (as nice as they look) is that they dive like a mother. The eye is too far aft. They would best be used to troll from a boat. They do look nice though. I used them and the snapper slappers (which is what those were cloned off of) and they are work best when trolling over a sandy bottom IMO. From the beach it is too difficult to get it off the bottom...if you reel faster or jerk it...it dives more.

How would those fish in the rips Sandman?

emgred
04-02-2008, 02:43 PM

They do dive and flutter. I used a 1oz. in the same deep, fast current rips I used 3 oz. Smilin' Bill. Very specific use. I use Jetty Casters in M or the open beach.

Mr. Sandman
04-02-2008, 03:37 PM
They work well in the rips esp on sandy bottoms... from MV to Race Point they are effective. You can troll them with braid too. Wire is not really needed unless it is really deep. They tend to "kite" downward slightly. Like emgred said the dive, and in general you can get buy with a lighter jig and rod which is really nice, however, you have to find the sweet-spot of boat speed and jig weight as when it gets mismatched (ie too fast for a light jig) they tend to go a little unstable but that can be tweaked by adding pork. So you have to experiment a bit. Get a range of sizes. They are not as straight forward as a smiling bill which has no wings on it and is stable in flight at all speeds.

I came across the original head like this called the snapper slapper (which came from Texas) and was developed for fish like cobia...when I was taking a captains course a number of years ago and one of they guys in the class was swearing by these things for bass so I sent away for a few.
They work, I just don't think they are the ideal surf casting bucktail for most guys because they will swim nose down and tend to kite downward and dive. But I always have them on the boat. Last year I fished them a bit out at the hooter on lighter tackle and they consistently hook up with small to mid size bass out there. But that is about the only time I used them though.

Over the winter I created a few molds for a related type of jig that is only for surfcasting and is designed to be fished horizontally not vertically like most bucktails are. I have a few prototypes and they swim as I want them to but I have not really fished them yet. They resemble a squid, cast like a rocket and you can easily control the depth they swim in at. As soon as I actually catch something with it i will post a photo up but until then it is just another brain burp from my workshop and I'll keep it to myself. But it was this squidhead that got me thinking about making one that works better from the surf.

emgred
04-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Sandman

Would love to see the ones you have fabricated when you feel they are ready to be shown!

Mr. Sandman
04-02-2008, 05:55 PM
:soon:

Hooper
04-02-2008, 06:55 PM
The other jigs I am going to get a bunch of are the beer barrel jigs and the banana jigs. Used the banana jigs on the northside in the grass and they stay nice and clean. And I think the beer barrel jigs would be great for the sandy areas.

plankton
04-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I like the look of the lightweight jigs as well, seems like it would be nice to have a large presentation in a jig that only weighs around an ounce, could be money in the surf!

Mr. Sandman
04-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I got a bunch of his beer barrel jigs and liked them so much I bought the mold. They are rear weighted and are good for fishing from the beach.

bucktail1
12-22-2010, 07:29 PM
we have not gone any place we are changing our server and building a new store. We should be up in a few hours I am actually waiting for an email from go daddy now sorry for the delay. Not every thing is on the new store right now. I have been waiting till now to make this change thinking this would be a good time to be down What I get for thinking. email me if u need some help.
Georhge

JohnR
12-22-2010, 08:21 PM
we have not gone any place we are changing our server and building a new store. We should be up in a few hours I am actually waiting for an email from go daddy now sorry for the delay. Not every thing is on the new store right now. I have been waiting till now to make this change thinking this would be a good time to be down What I get for thinking. email me if u need some help.
Georhge

This thread was from nearly 3 years ago.

flyvice11787
12-23-2010, 10:29 AM
The new server is slow :tooth:.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Saltheart
12-23-2010, 10:48 AM
This thread was from nearly 3 years ago.

One little detail! :)

JohnR
12-23-2010, 10:59 AM
The new server is slow :tooth:.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

:rotf2:

tysdad115
12-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Reply coming in around 2013 or so...

UserRemoved1
12-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Maybe someone can get his kid to return my property after 3 years. Cost me alot of time and money because the guy has piss poor ethics.

johnny ducketts
12-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Is it dial up? :)

bucktail1
12-23-2010, 12:39 PM
jigs rigs and stuff is back up some items are not there but working on it. We will keep working till site is back and bigger

:fishin:

ridler72
03-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm in almost a month delay with these guys right now for shad jig heads after the part of the 1st order was done incorrect. It's been a runaround of excuse. Like Salty said, Ethics. Quote of the year today from George as he talks to me while he is loading his truck for RISAA, "You don't need em right now, do you?"

BasicPatrick
03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
I am pretty sure he will be at the MSBA EXPO in Plymouth

iamskippy
03-11-2011, 01:11 AM
, "You don't need em right now, do you?"

:rotf2: wow

ridler72
03-24-2011, 11:04 AM
lets just say it didn't work out. Trying to recover money now.

UserRemoved
03-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Maybe he'll threaten you with breaking your finger off your hand too.........This time I'm talking about the father not the kid..

lets just say it didn't work out. Trying to recover money now.