View Full Version : bristol

Clogston29
03-16-2008, 03:07 PM
well, that just made my day :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

only thing better than watching kyle wreck is watching him wreck when he's in the lead :hihi:

Clogston29
03-16-2008, 04:20 PM
1-2-3 for childress :buds: :happy:

american spirit
03-16-2008, 08:01 PM
good race. more excited that burton won. :jump1:

striperman36
03-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Made me mad that Stewart got thumped.

american spirit
03-17-2008, 03:33 PM
seemed like typical bristol racing. harvick was running hard for the win and he just scooted up the track a bit. i heard harvick on the radio cuz i have sirius and he was apoligizing. i didn't see stewart give him an room either. i thought it was not an intentional dump move.

but it would have been nice to see the race end without a green white checker. harvick may have won then instead of burton.

basswipe
03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Won $65 on Harvick.Yea me.

Clogston29
03-19-2008, 10:32 AM
from Jayski and Stewart's radio show last night

Stewart gets waxed...see images: Last night [3/17] on "Tony Stewart Live" on SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, Stewart and Kevin Harvick discussed their run-in in the final laps of Sunday's Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway. While running second and third, Harvick's and Stewart's cars came together, spinning Stewart out and knocking him back to a 14th place finish. Immediately after the accident, words were exchanged between spotters for the #20 and #29 teams.
Kevin Harvick: "I think for me the biggest thing is just Bristol brings out the best in everybody. I was mad when I got out [of the car]. The spotter was mad when I got into the side of Tony and the emotions run so high. And it's not the spotter's fault. It's not anybody's fault. It's just part of our sport. It won't be the last time we probably run into each other but we get better at handling it amongst each other as you learn more about the situations and things like that. The spotters didn't have anything to do with me running into the side of him."
Tony Stewart: "That's the thing about our sport that you don't see in other sports. We don't get a cool-down period. You get that pure, raw emotion and a lot of times it doesn't give us all a chance to compare notes. Like we were talking about earlier, I had called Kevin and I didn't even know what had happened and this was 6 o'clock at night by the time I got home. It just shows how passionate I think everybody is. The crew guys are just as passionate about what is going on as we are. In our case my spotter is also head of our chassis department so when I crash something he's the guy that has to fix it."
Stewart: "Obviously, I was disappointed that we were in a wreck but I know, of all people, I trust Kevin more than anybody else on that racetrack. I know that anything that happens with us, just like what happened yesterday, I knew it wasn't intentional."
Later in the show, Stewart made good on a longtime bet with his buddy Harvick. After some teasing about his hirsute torso, Stewart said a year ago on SIRIUS that if Harvick was able to raise $100,000 for the Victory Junction Gang Camp, he would agree to have his back waxed. Having reached the stated goal with fan donations and a matching contribution from Harvick himself, Stewart made good on his promise, undergoing the painful procedure last night live on SIRIUS as Stewart's co-host, Matt Yocum, and Harvick provided rip-by-rip commentary for SIRIUS listeners nationwide. Thanks to late donations by Joe Gibbs Racing President J.D. Gibbs, who pledged $15,000, and Sprint Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson, who donated $10,000, the total raised for Victory Junction Gang Camp surpassed $125,000. Asked during the procedure if the pain was worse than hitting the wall at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Stewart laughed and said, "Yeah, it does actually. It does hurt worse than hitting the wall at Vegas. It just isn't lasting as long." To hear audio clips and see photos from last night's show, visit www.sirius.com/nascar. Last night's show re-airs tonight at 11pm/et, Thursday at 10pm/et, Saturday at 10pm/et and Monday at 8pm/et on SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, channel 128.(Sirius PR))(3-18-2008)

striperman36
03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
That's gotta hurt!!!