View Full Version : Shimano Rods

Biteme
03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Anybody have any experience with the Shimano Tiralejo surf rods? They have a adjustable reel seat and weights that install in the butt to balance the rod. I'm wondering if the adjustable reel seat will last or is it more of a gimmick? Sounds like a good idea, thanks.

JoeP
03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
I have 2 and think they are great rods. Quality workmanship and quality components. The 2 I have are very fast action though (9' MH & 8' MH) - if you like that - which I do.

Mr. Sandman
03-20-2008, 07:54 AM
My local shop got a couple as demos last fall. I fished with them for 3 or 4 nights a 9' and a 10' and and thought they were very nice. I only adjusted the real seat once and don't think that this is an option most guys want but it does allow you to personally tune it to your preference. The rod is very nice. The real seat will not move once it is secure. The rod itself is rugged to. It is built for fishing braid. I doubt you break the rod. You can really whale on it. I know a guy who bought two of them after checking them out. IMO they are very light and very strong. (I think they guarantee them against breakage too) They come with a internal counter balance weight that can be adjusted I think. Also it has an interesting grip material that feels good and should hold up a lot better then cork.

The only downside I saw was I wanted a 1 peice 10'er and they didn't make that. I asked them about this and they did a bunch of reasearch and found out that most people that buy 10'+ rods want 2 pc. :( wish they asked me.

Biteme
03-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks, they do look like nice rods.