View Full Version : you think seals are bad? (warning: fisherman using OFFENSIVE language in video)

GonnaCatchABig1
03-21-2008, 01:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ1GAZZk6E&feature=related

i cant figure out how to just link to it... so hopefully language warning is good enough. but it's still a great video. the language is a bit strong.. but i would be doin that same thing. granted its kinda stupid to fish in a pod of whales.

jimmy z
03-21-2008, 04:51 AM
lol, Shut your mouth, and reel faster, dipstick. lol
Funny video, for sure. It's always a BLAST to view those things.

Raven
03-21-2008, 05:15 AM
get out of here

like they don't belong in the water

and they must have escaped from seaworld :hs:

OffTheHook13
03-21-2008, 05:24 AM
:jester::jester::jester:

Rick Ackley
03-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Orca's in the bay. Too funny. Do feel for the guy though, that was a big fish.

MAKAI
03-21-2008, 11:02 AM
IF WE HAD THESE WE WOULD HAVE A LOT LESS SEALS

fishbones
03-21-2008, 12:27 PM
That was no 50lb fish. Those guys sound like the west coast version of the guy who posts pictures of 18 - 20lb stripers and says that they are 40lb'ers.

Cool video though.

2na
03-21-2008, 01:32 PM
at least he got his lure back

Blitzseeker
03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
If those orcas showed up on the cape, they wouldn't be after our fish, I guarentee you that.....

Slipknot
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
That is about the same as what sharks do
they take advantage of struggling fish on the ends of our lines for an easy meal.

Seals on the other hand learn where we fish, are able to pop their heads up and see us with our rods on the beach and then wait for us to hookup and go after it by sensing where the struggling fish is, once they see a hooked bass, it's toast. if it's a bluefish, atleast you have half a chance to reel it in since they are more streamlined and smaller so you can pop them out of the water away from the seals. I do not believe we are taking any meals away from the seals when we fish, there are plenty for both of us but they dominate the surfline and we lose expensive plugs so we whine about it.:gorez:

GonnaCatchABig1
03-21-2008, 04:47 PM
That is about the same as what sharks do
they take advantage of struggling fish on the ends of our lines for an easy meal.

Seals on the other hand learn where we fish, are able to pop their heads up and see us with our rods on the beach and then wait for us to hookup and go after it by sensing where the struggling fish is, once they see a hooked bass, it's toast. if it's a bluefish, atleast you have half a chance to reel it in since they are more streamlined and smaller so you can pop them out of the water away from the seals. I do not believe we are taking any meals away from the seals when we fish, there are plenty for both of us but they dominate the surfline and we lose expensive plugs so we whine about it.:gorez:

i dunno orca are pretty smart.. i'm sure they are plenty aware of what was going on just like the seals. if ya notice they went from boat to boat. i'm sure they are a nuisance up there. if they could sustain them selves on small fish alone.. i bet they would be way worse than seals.. plus ya don't wanna be wading around them, they might decide to eat you instead. :shocked:

but back to the vid.. if you watched it till the end.. one of the whales comes up right behind the boat and gives them a blast of spray. as if to say "haha" like when the seals play with yer fish right infront of you. sea mammals are all the same. lol.