View Full Version : Cell Phone Plans

JohnR
03-22-2008, 07:56 AM
OK, looking to get a new cell phone service and I want to see what people like or recomend. Here is what I need and what I'm looking for:

Needs:
Family Plan for 2 phones, me & the bride. I have 400 minutes combined now (at a cheap rate) but I don't think 400 is enough.
Local/Long Distance/No Roaming
Smart (somewhat) phone - well at least one possible two
Decent Camera
Bluetooth

Wants:
Data
WiFI
Smarts
GPS

Most of the stuff I'm thinking is on the new side but I'm curious what a lot of people are using and like / don't like.

Oh, and I'm cheap :hihi:

Jnatti
03-22-2008, 08:21 AM
John,

Me and the wife just switched over to the Verizon family share plan, we have about 700 minutes between the 2 of us, unlimited texting.

both our phones have bluetooth and internet and not a bad deal at around $100 for both phones and the plan

hope this helps

Jay:btu:

MakoMike
03-24-2008, 10:17 AM
John,
My wife and I have had T-Mobile for about 8 years now. We get 1,000 minutes a month and unlimited calling between cell phones. Long distance from ME to Wash. DC is free, outside that area its very reasonable. We have Razors which have bluetooth. Never bothered with Wifi or data, I can always pick up a woreless signal on my laptop. GPS is basically useless without some other equipment to interpret it. We pay $60 a month and never have to buy extra time.

fishbones
03-24-2008, 10:53 AM
My wife and I have the Sprint family plan. We share (it's called sharing, but my wife uses all the minutes) 550 anytime minutes per month and have free nights starting at 7pm and weekends and free long distance. It costs $60 per month and you can add on their whole data and entertainment packages for pretty cheap, I think. My phone works pretty much anywhere I go, but my wife's phone doesn't work in our basement for some reason. She wants to try T-Mobile, but I'm happy with the Sprint service and the price is excellent.

fish4striper
03-24-2008, 11:15 AM
verizonwireless, great coverage in this area, only time I get dropped calls or calls I can't hear is when I talk to my son on att on his Mom's plan. Gps works well. Do not use any of your other wants.

MakoMike
03-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Forgot to add we have free nights and weekend on our T-Mobile plan, which is a big reason we never go over our minutes.

gone fishin
03-24-2008, 07:39 PM
:buds:Verizon has all features and good pricing - also has better coverage than their competition. A feature that I was looking for was consolidated billing, One bill all services - FIOS internet cable with HBO etc land lines - 2 and wireless. All for under a duece..:bounce: