View Full Version : Good Friday

The Iceman 6
03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
So I have Good Friday off. I call my Dad (Hesh2) and say let's go fishing on Good Friday, I just want to fish and catch one striper. Wake up 5:00 am, head to shower and turn on the Bose Wave radio, I"m greeted by Rush's Limelight. Proceed to catch an awesome runrise driving into CT to fish crankin' some Black Crowes on the way. Head to my parents prior to fishing, say hello, get a good breakfest in with Hesh2 and a buddy of ours. Head to Spot Q. Tide is awful, so so windy, 5/6 guys there just BS'ing watching me fish. All the while I'm willing just one striper to hit. Come on, come on, come on I say. I want to feel the thunder. Cast after cast, then WHACK fish on. In current, fish goes on nice run, hear the zzzzzzz. It's good to be back. I feel alive. 4 hour roundrip drive, 2 hours fishing, beautiful sunrise, fishing with the old man on Good Friday - Priceless. stopped on the way home and saw another buddy for lunch in New Haven, get home, wife has killer dinner, daughters are playing street hockey in the driveway, fire going, and some Cakebread wine to top off the day. Good Friday!

tattoobob
03-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a good Friday to me

numbskull
03-22-2008, 08:51 PM
:kewl:

thortum
03-23-2008, 06:15 AM
I can hardly waite. Congrates on the good day.