View Full Version : Any Pizza Converts Out There?

Jimbo
03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Tomato Pie. Aka Trenton Tomato Pie and East Coast Tomato Pie. Ever had it before? I'd heard about it, but never had it until a new place opened nearby that sold it. A tomato pie has olive oil drizzled over the crust, then a layer of crushed tomatoes (no sauce), then just a sprinkling of cheese, and then a last drizzling of olive oil. You can add the other, usual toppings (olives, onion, anchovies, pepperoni, etc). Then it’s baked in a pizza oven. Awesome. One taste and I'm a 100% convert and may never eat regular pizza again.
Not a whole lot on the internet about it. Just curious if anyone else along the East Coast has it around them.

BigFish
03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Any kind of pizza......just give it to me!!:drool::drool::drool:

spence
03-24-2008, 01:30 PM
That's pretty much how I always make it...I like a light, simple and very fresh flavored pizza.

-spence

fishbones
03-24-2008, 03:29 PM
That's pretty much how I always make it...I like a light, simple and very fresh flavored pizza.

-spence

I'm with Spence with how I make it. Real tomatoes and fresh ingredients just make it taste better. Also, weather permitting, I cook it on the grill. But, I also have no problem with a real pie from Bob & Timmy's or Santarpio's. Pizza is my "stranded on a desert island" food.

BMEUPSCOTTY
03-24-2008, 09:26 PM
one of the great food debates of all time, i love that style but the list of "bad" pizza is a very short one imo. variety is the spice of life as they say...