View Full Version : Jerusalem Road

stripermagnet
03-24-2008, 08:16 PM
i was driving down jersualem road (along Scituate, Cohassett, and Hull Mass) the other day and really noticed all the rock cliffs, reefs, bars, and boulders with surf breaking on them on the ocean side. Has anyone ever tried to get out there? I've fished in the vacinity using the boat, but I was thinking from shore might be better. it might be private property but i was wondering if anyones given it a thought. There is beach access along the line. Thanks guys

Slingah
03-24-2008, 09:19 PM
very private, very weathy, almost zero access and no public parking...

BasicPatrick
03-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Burn Baby Burn...lol

stripermagnet
03-24-2008, 09:23 PM
i was thinking possibly park down a side street, get to the water via that little beach then walk the shore that way. i wonder how much resistance there would be at 5am or 12 at night

Surfcaster2884
03-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Yea theres really no way of getting to those spots unless you know someone or in a boat and know the rocks well. The only spots you can get to there's no where around to park like Slingah said. At least thats what I've found from driving that road many times.

GonnaCatchABig1
03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
theres no fish there.. but ya can chat with us if ya want.. we can tell ya all ya need to know about not catching fish there. we have become very very good at it :btu:

stripermagnet
03-24-2008, 09:34 PM
haha no fish there? as in no fish along that stretch of rock coast? id bet your wrong

GonnaCatchABig1
03-24-2008, 09:34 PM
i was thinking possibly park down a side street, get to the water via that little beach then walk the shore that way. i wonder how much resistance there would be at 5am or 12 at night

you'd be surprised unless you are a resident yer pretty much screwed. the beaches there are private as well. i've had my balls busted there early in the morning just having a cup of coffee in the car.

stripermagnet
03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
well i guess it cant hurt to approach a resident worst case scenario and ask

GonnaCatchABig1
03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
well i guess it cant hurt to approach a resident worst case scenario and ask

if ya do... wear a tux.. and running shoes, so you can make it all the way up their massive driveways to their 15 bedroom mansions. :jester:

Surfcaster2884
03-24-2008, 09:54 PM
I've been trying to get anywhere along there and have been unsuccessful. That stretch is like the fort knox of fishing spots.

stripermagnet
03-24-2008, 09:55 PM
you try asking people surfcaster? like the homeowners themselves

Slingah
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
That stretch is like the fort knox of fishing spots.
:laughs: perfect

Surfcaster2884
03-24-2008, 09:58 PM
I work for a moving company and have moved some of the people along that road into their house's and have been denied when I asked. But that was only a few people so others might be a little nicer.

stripermagnet
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
ha looks like i might be looking at some covert night ops

GonnaCatchABig1
03-24-2008, 10:06 PM
ha looks like i might be looking at some covert night ops

lol, if ya can pull it off i admire you. hardest part is hiding the vehicle. parking tickets are a favorite weapon in those parts.

stripermagnet
03-24-2008, 10:11 PM
wow the cops are that bad down there huh

BMEUPSCOTTY
03-24-2008, 10:15 PM
maybe this is the time for us to pounce... prices are down, who wants in on a sb fishin shack? quite a place... you are free to knock down a perfectly good mansion to build one to your liking but how dare you even think about spoiling their coastline with your beercans and smelly bait and public drunkeness and subsequent urination? i like to think places like that help keep the stocks up because they are usually only subjected to 4th of july daytime fishing with straight retrieved atom poppers cranked with upside down plastic and graphite reels on 6 foot conv boat rods. "nice cast biff!" "thanks todd. wheres muffy?"

Surfcaster2884
03-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Thats a good point about it keeping the stocks up. Never really thought of it that way.

2boxers
03-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I used to know a guy who knew a guy. went one or twice then the guy sold his house

stripermagnet
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
how was it 2boxer youre the only one whos seen the promiseland

MarshCappa
03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
We have clients on that road and I have thought about getting to some of those rocks myself. My boss has a friend that fly fishes in that area in some of the tidal rivers and inlets. I had to pass on a couple of times he went and killed them but this may be the year for me to finally hit it with him.

2boxers
03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
how was it 2boxer youre the only one whos seen the promiseland

I was younger and didnt know half of what I know now and it was still good.

one of the houses on that road is owned by the church, I think alot of priest live there, maybe they will let us in

riverrat2
03-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Well posting the road name on a public fishing website for 1000s of people to read is quite possible the worst way of attempting to gain access to a spot.

Squibby17
03-25-2008, 01:18 PM
That stretch is very enticing for sure. I've seen people fishing the beach before the rocks start and they seem to do all right. Parking is a sure fire way to get a ticket though. Trust me I speak from experience. If you have kayak and a calm day I would think in the morning you might be able to scout it better.

JohnR
03-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Interesting place that you'd consider to fish and probably the quickest place you'll get a parking ticket - if you are lucky in that you don't get towed.

I once rode my bike into that area from a place I parked a mile away, had to hide my bike, had an OK night, came back and still found a parking ticket. The folks in there just don't give access unless they know you personally. I know one guy that did a lot of work in that area and permission and still did not use it much because of the hassles. Forget parking on the street, you would need permission to use a driveway and permission to cut through the yard - and hope they didn't pick up a guard dog and forget to notify you...

I have walked a mile in there before and got skunked sufficiently that I don't walk their anymore. When the fish are there it can be good but you can go a while without any fish in there.

As far as discussing "spots" on the site, it is OK to discuss in generalities but not in specific spots, certainly in specifics such as "Jerusalem Rd" or "Egypt Beach". What is good to speak in detail in a club or at a seminar, your local tackle shop, or in a group that you are associating can occasionally be detrimental when put on the web so our general practice here is to stay away from spot specifics. I was once in that area 9 years ago (used to live 10 miles from there) and ran into a guy that found out about it online, he was from Philly. That area is a tough nut to crack either way. It is OK to say you fish Cohassett or Scituate or something, just don't single out a more specific location.

mackenzie
03-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I don't know if they still have this policy but a couple of years ago I read that you could get a special parking permit for "fishing only" at the Scituate police station. It was only good for certain beaches-no Jerusalem Road!-and may have been only for off season. Not sure about the details. The article suggested you show up at the station in fishing attire with rods in the roof rack. Better than nothing.

fishbones
03-25-2008, 02:31 PM
There's a long stretch of shoreline from Hull to Deluxbury with areas that are productive and have much easier access and are less dangerous than that spot. And many of them are very public, meaning that you can find them listed in books, magazines, etc.... Sometimes the spots that look great aren't worth the trouble of getting to them, while the spots that you pass by on your way to others are loaded with nice fish.

stripermagnet
03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
john the reason i mentioned jerusalem road is the fact that it is essentially not possible to fish there, therefore it is litterally impossible to burn out the spot, so point taken but i think this is a special circumstance

freebie
03-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Stripermagnet, got a bicycle? pretty easy to stash, I'm rigging mine up with rod holder etc for this summer, not a far ride from my house

stripermagnet
03-25-2008, 05:53 PM
you got experience getting out there?

freebie
03-25-2008, 06:00 PM
not yet, hoping to soon though, if there a way I'll find it

stripadan
03-25-2008, 06:05 PM
When I lived in Weymouth I used to fish it quite a bit. Used a bike for access. Long ride, had to be stealthy when arriving and leaving. Late nights or crappy weather only, to avoid people at the beach. Had some great nights, with some decent fish, but way more lousy nights, with little or no fish. I know more now and would like to try the area again, but like others said, there are too many better areas within a short distance. It was nice to fish in total solitude though. Never brought anybody with me. One extra person makes four times the noise and you get discovered.

If you try it, be safe. Those rocks can be slick. Plan your stops to have a place to land fish, and watch the seas. Corkers and flotation without a doubt.

stripermagnet
03-25-2008, 06:10 PM
im down to make an attempt any day

freebie
03-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm gonna go scope it as soon as I get the bike out of the shed, let me know if you want to come

stripermagnet
03-25-2008, 06:13 PM
deffinately ive scouted out a few possibilities already

Slingah
03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
maybe you guys could continue your conversation via pm's and let this thread die...:deadhorse:

stripermagnet
03-25-2008, 07:18 PM
whats your problem with it

Slipknot
03-25-2008, 07:19 PM

where do we start?

:hs:

you 2 will get busted fo sure

stripermagnet
03-25-2008, 07:23 PM
no ones making any deffinate plans nor are we planning to do anything illegal / unethical

Slingah
03-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I thought we were on the same page last nite in the pm's :huh:
just no need to draw attention to a place that has serious access issues by posting in open forum...that is what pm's are for...

stripermagnet
03-25-2008, 07:42 PM
freebie and i had moved our talk to pm already. we dont need to actively "kill" a thread

seawitch
03-26-2008, 09:57 AM
I am from that area and know that the fishing isn't very good there.
Access is almost impossible unless you know someone which I do.
Police have no problem with tickets and towing.

BW from AZ
03-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I will be there in June and taking a drive through the area to admire the homes and country side. Done it many years now. Nice change of scenery from Az. Fishing will be done mainly from boat in Hull. Sometimes you just gotta see them from both sides to really appreciate them.

riverrat2
03-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I can't believe this thread is still here, if this was a spot in RI or the canal I doubt it would still be around.

Slingah
03-26-2008, 09:08 PM
I think everything has been covered on this thread..I'm going to close it before it gets ugly..John can reopen it if he wants