View Full Version : Capesams... Capt. Sidewalk is back...

Karl F
03-29-2008, 04:39 PM

Nebe
03-29-2008, 09:22 PM
bassmaster?

:rotfl:

Raven
03-29-2008, 09:24 PM
man does he sound nasty

thanks for the visual image...

oh! my right brain hurts now.... :)

Adam_777
03-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Looking forward to some pics of this guy possibly for the next raven mini series.Clammer vs Marshman .Good luck with him.

Flaptail
03-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Karl, saw him yesterday morning along side rt 6a by the Shaws plaza down the street from you. I hadn't seen that bum in years he was picking up just about anything that lay in the gutter and putting it in his pockets and an old bag

Flaptail
03-30-2008, 10:35 AM
BTW He does look exactly like Aqualung.

basswipe
03-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Seems like every town has that one character.

OLD GOAT
03-30-2008, 10:56 AM
The guy (I've heard)has family, is a vet.,is picked up every year come summer time so as not to scare off the tourists yet ends up sleeping out side in the coldest of winter. In the past i have seen his cardboard pad in the woods but he keeps on moving. I have also seen him stopped by state cops on the side of the highway walking along. I pray something can be done to help him so he is not suffering.But for the grace of God there go you or i .

Mike P
03-30-2008, 10:57 AM
not bassmaster... and yeah Rav, nasty for sure... think aqualung type charachter... they tossed him from a coupla other towns now he is dwelling in the woods along the bike path... trash collector trades empties for nips, so I "got" him now... steals stuff outta folks yards... mentaly disturbed... trying to get my boss to get a no tresspass order for the dirty mother...
funny thing is, he don't hafta live like that, he gets a good check every month....does "just enuf" to get locked up for the worst winter months.....

Send him to Buzzards Bay. He'd have plenty of company.

Heck, he might even qualify to be president of the local Eagles lodge.

Swimmer
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
If one person walks by an abandoned building and breaks a window and no one fixes it then that same person and/or other people will think its o.k. to break the rest of the windows and will. This guys first day on the land he is on was the first broken window. Every day since is just another broken window.

My suggestion, having dealt with this numerous times over the years, is take all his stuff and throw it away, that is of course after he is told to scram if you care to be that polite. He certainly doesn't own the land he is squatting on (literally), so tossing his butt off shouldn't be an issue. He is pooping, peeing, and doing whatever there. It is not sanitary, and even more important it affects the overall quality of life for everyone in the area. "Quality of life" issues are valid complaints to the authorities.

I did my grad degree work on this entire issue.

Mike P
03-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Mike... I'd love to send him to BB... ya sure ya want him???

One more skeevy guy hanging around the Eagles, what's left of downtown, and the liquor warehose/redemption center won't make much of a difference. He can join Shaky Jake and Boxcar Willy in their tarpaper shack up by the water tower behind Red Top :laugha:

vineyardblues
04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Is this him in front of the package store?

VB

Raven
04-01-2008, 03:07 PM
the mental image of this guy just keeps getting
nastier and NASTIER in my minds eye...

Uncle Matt
11-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Of course it was over a shopping cart. His pockets were full. How else was he going to bring all that crap to your place!

Sad to say but with the economy being what it is we may start seeing more and more homeless and less fortunate people.

Raven
11-14-2008, 04:54 AM
on the news....there is this organization that took these
metal storage containers ....ok

they slap in a single window and a door.... it comes with a kitchenette, a shower, and a bedroom...

i believe the cost was $7000.00 in total

the interior space (dimensions) was much like his jail cell .... the public is paying that much per year to incarcerate him .... anyways i'm sure.

then you give him a job of picking up trash and putting it in those yellow bags which is his natural tendency :point: problem solved..

saltfly
11-14-2008, 09:03 AM
on the news....there is this organization that took these
metal storage containers ....ok

they slap in a single window and a door.... it comes with a kitchenette, a shower, and a bedroom...

i believe the cost was $7000.00 in total

the interior space (dimensions) was much like his jail cell .... the public is paying that much per year to incarcerate him .... anyways i'm sure.

then you give him a job of picking up trash and putting it in those yellow bags which is his natural tendency :point: problem solved..
AND THEY ARE STACKABLE.

Mike P
11-14-2008, 11:20 AM
well.. just read on line he got picked up in hyannis in front of acmoore/home depot.. A&B on a handicapped man over a shopping cart....guess he will be back at the county crossbar hotel for the winter....

With Jimmy O'Neil and Bill Riley now presiding in Barnstable District Court? He'll be eating Christmas dinner from a Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee can in front of Cumbies :D

He reminds me of a guy who used to hang around the Lepers back in the day. Guy from Worcester. He lived in his slide on all summer, and when the weather started getting cold, he pick a fight with a guy in a bar and do just enough damage to get himself a 6 month bit. The Sheriff used to save all the machinery that broke over the summer and early fall, knowing he'd be there to fix it. The guy lived like a king on the inside. They loved him.

Then the judges started getting wise to him and started letting him out. That was worse punishment than giving him 3 hots and a cot all winter on the taxpeyers' dime.

Jimmy's a pretty bright judge--he'll have this guy figurerd out. ;)

likwid
11-17-2008, 05:49 PM
AND THEY ARE STACKABLE.

Shipable too. :bl:

capesams
11-17-2008, 10:16 PM
talked to a family member of his about a month ago, asked what went wrong along the road of life..he said "nam"...that was the end of the conversation.Guess it killed him on the inside to the point of no return.