View Full Version : Status Check: Ready as I'll Ever Be

MarshCappa
03-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Line on the reels, inventoried and re-armed my tackle bag, fresh batteries in the head lamp, and re charged the VHS. I'm ready for the first run in my area. Probably more so than other years for me. How's everyone else doing? Better or worse than other seasons? Seems like from the other threads most guys are ready and already in action.

BigBo
03-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Itching to pull the kayak out of winter hibernation.:happy:

lurch
03-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I am a slackah as I have not sent my reel into VS for some service it needs...ill try to do it tomorrow.

t.orlando
03-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Haven't even started yet. Still 5 weeks to go.

BassDawg
03-30-2008, 04:32 PM
i still have time, as i won't get into the full swing of things
until June's new. i'll be dropping my 750ssm at Kay's this week.
have yet to modify my Korkers and i have several rigged eeeeeeels to rig. couple of eeeel skin plugs too. am thinking of trying Don's new needle skins, they look feeeeshy man!

the itch is there, just not reday to spend the gas dollars to hit SOCO SO early. will give the species and me mojo a break until June. my shoulder too, i may have some issues developing there from work and play.

By all means, go for it! i'm just gonna try a smarter/not harder approach this year..................try to up my skunks:to bites ratio also!!:wall: :jump1: :wall: :biglaugh:

RickBomba
03-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Four more weeks to get the VS's back. Still gotta respool, but sorted through the plugs the other day. Three more weeks till CT...gonna be away until then, so I better start getting ready.
Later,
Rick

luds
03-30-2008, 05:28 PM
This year is wierd as I'm living with my parents while trying to save for a house or condo down payment. Space is limited so most of my pluggage is packed away but I've identified the must have plugs and for the most part they're ready to go. Leaders are another story. I think I've tied ten and my goal is over 200.

The preseason spending i'm used to has not been as bad and I have the striper cup to thank for that. Got a nice schoolie set up, 1200 yds. of suffix 30 and 50 lb, 100 gami live bait hooks, new vs. and various other stuff as a result of prizes. It really helped as it's tough to justify spending money on that stuff when you're working towards something more important and someone else is putting a roof over your head.

I cleaned my truck today and it will be ready for action soon but I won't put much tackle in it for another month and a half. Van staals should show up in about 3 weeks. Most of my other gear is ready for action.

I'm am considering selling some reels and taking the zee baas plunge.

I can't friggin wait. :soon:

Rob Rockcrawler
03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
I think im good to go. Respooled today, changed some more hooks, bucktails are tied for the season. Bought the big pack of batteries for my lights. Korkers are all set for the first trip. Now its just time to wait, and spend more cash nextweek at the RISSA show.

The Dad Fisherman
03-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Not even close...

Still gotta buy some new waders and boots
Reels need to be re-spooled
Still have to change out rusted hooks
Haven't tied leader one yet
Just took the VS plunge and it should be here this week.

Plenty of plugs ready to go though.....

moosh
03-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Im still making plugs , have to change out the spark plugs on the boat motor , charge the battery ,clean the boat , fertillize the lawn ,so much still to do . with only one day off a week hard to get it done and that day always rains..

fish4life
03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Im ready to go. I have been out twice this year so far. Just filled a spool with #20 firline (we will see how that works out). Now i just have to find out what kind of waders to buy. Any help on that would be amazing.

stripermagnet
03-30-2008, 08:21 PM
fish4life ive had great luck with the light waders (felt bottom) that cabelas makes. i particulary like the one with the boot foot with the laces check those out if you need a place to start

Rockport24
03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
new waders and boots should be here in about a week.
I've re-spiked one of my korkers, still need to do the other
haven't even looked at my rods/reels/lures.. still got some time though, May 1 is really go time for me.

Raven
03-31-2008, 04:36 AM
but your birthday is coming up in 27 days so

maybe a plug you don't have....should be in mind

MarshCappa
03-31-2008, 06:53 AM
but your birthday is coming up in 27 days so

maybe a plug you don't have....should be in mind

Treated myself this weekend because I had some rare time to myself yesterday. :btu:

numbskull
03-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Still need to epoxy the bananas. :heybaby:

OffTheHook13
03-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Ready.

Been out a couple of times this year already.

numbskull
03-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Im still making plugs , have to change out the spark plugs on the boat motor , charge the battery ,clean the boat , fertillize the lawn ,so much still to do . with only one day off a week hard to get it done and that day always rains..

"FERTILIZE THE LAWN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek5::eek5::eek5: Rookie mistake, then you'll have to mow it! Train your dog to dig it up instead.

MrHunters
03-31-2008, 07:52 AM
"FERTILIZE THE LAWN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek5::eek5::eek5: Rookie mistake, then you'll have to mow it! Train your dog to dig it up instead.

or pee in a nice plaid pattern

The Dad Fisherman
03-31-2008, 08:18 AM

Got Goat?

Raven
03-31-2008, 08:27 AM
pee down the Rat's hole....

that's a sure way to pissem off... :D

there should be rent a goats for fishermen lol

cow tamer
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Arranged my plug bags. All (7) of them.
Kinda like day of the week undershorts.

basswipe
03-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Line is my last thing.I have 7 spools to do and I'm ready.

tattoobob
03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
I am as ready as I never am

I haven't even looked at my gear, I know my waders and boots still have sand all over them, and I bet they smell really bad

freebie
03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
need to spool a few reels
pick up a quality plug bag(have a few cheapos)
water test the waders
new gravel guards
some terminal stuff(fishfinders, sinkers, wire leaders)
then wait for fish

WadingWill
03-31-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm more ready than I've ever been. Reels are all serviced and spooled, I've rigged over 50 9" black sluggos, have a ton of plugs, all the old plugs have had the hooks changed. After the RISAA show friday I'll be armed to the teeth!!!:nailem:

fishbones
03-31-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm in great shape tackle wise. I tied a bunch of leaders this winter while watching tv late night. I have plenty of good plugs and hopefully will be finishing up my first batch of my own crappy plugs soon. I just need to do my reels and get the tip of a rod replaced. I'll get real motivated after the RI show this week.

JohnR
04-01-2008, 06:41 AM
I echo what TattooBob said. 'Cept my waders are smelly and holey

Rockport24
04-01-2008, 08:43 AM
speaking of waders, just got an email from cabela's,replacement waders are backordered until 4/26! talk about cutting it close!
:uhoh: