View Full Version : Saws...

leptar
03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
What are you guys using to rip, cut?
I had a couple of small bandsaws but ripping 15" pieces of AYC is a waste...
I currently have a Jet 10" benchtop tablesaw but it's leaving a somewhat bad feeling with me.... It's powerful and quiet... but everything is proprietary to this saw and it's all in metric... I can't put a decent miter in, miter slop is horrendous.... the fence locks down like fort knox but you need to check the fence past the blade to make sure you work will not bind on you...
The Splitter on the blade guard will catch you work from time to time.. which sucks. All in all it is going back Monday as to me it is a piece that should be redesigned... You can only make adjustments so many times before it becomes annoying.. Blade height adjustments don't lock, something i didn't notice when i was looking at this saw..
I really don't want to spend $500+...

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Slipknot
03-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Chinese junk is not worth buying, ya get what you pay for most times. If more people would just return the machines that are inadequate
and lousy quality to the point that they don't even do the job in some cases, then maybe they will make the improvements needed, but then the costs will rise, which is a good thing, then they may price themselves eventually right out of business and machines can be competitively made once again in America where they should be made.
I guess my reply should be in the grumpy forum. It is a sore subject for me, not one machinery dealer is left from the USA and only a half a company from Canada, pretty sad. they all sold out and went overseas :(

leptar, find a good used saw, that is my suggestion
or get a decent heavy duty Dewalt contractors type saw, it is worth spending 500 bucks or more.