View Full Version : Gas money

fishaholic18
04-01-2008, 10:15 AM
:crying::crying::crying::crying:

fishsmith
04-07-2008, 02:00 PM
ayup, It cost me $6 a day for my roundtrip commute and I get 24mpg :wall:

I don't know how the 8cyl folks are doing it.

Raider Ronnie
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
ayup, It cost me $6 a day for my roundtrip commute and I get 24mpg :wall:

I don't know how the 8cyl folks are doing it.

I just picked up a Ford Ranger 2wd, 4cyl, 5speed stick shift, with very low miles for short $ from a family who just put it's 80 something owner in a nursing home.
My 02 F350 super duty is costing me about $100 a week just to go about 10 miles to and from work.:eek:
My boat is kept about 30 miles from my house!
The super duty won't see the road much till next winter and the plows come out again.

Rockport24
04-07-2008, 04:39 PM
yeah, I dont' know how you truck guys are doing it either. my wife's little SUV V6 is starting to kill me.
I was filling up the other day at 3 something a gallon and noticed a sign on the food mart that said "Milk, 2.80 a gallon"
maybe I should invent a milk powered car!

Raven
04-07-2008, 05:05 PM
these people running for president do NOT even mention it...

oh yeah , they'll yell about the profit margin the oil companies are making but thats about it... big freakin DEAL

where is the logic .... there is none..

it's so absurd.... now they are focusing on human rights because
of the olympics

trade policies and all that talk is a bunch of Hooey and stall tactics

we should all make little sail boat cars and start a parade down the freeways so they'll get the message... or start riding horses and buggies on the median strips... or the road sides ....
and take our OWN movies of it and post it on you tube instead of depending on the media to cover it... :cputin:

they don't look so silly now do they?
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/HorseandBuggy.jpg

Notaro
04-08-2008, 01:24 AM
oh shoot, damn, ron. yeah, the price has soared. it almost costs me abt $4 per gallon today before i went to my MMA class. and its almost $40 for a full tank. i guess that i can kiss my dream of owning a truck for my fishing pleasures. :/

justplugit
04-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Rav, how ya gonna feed that horse with the price of corn going up cause of ethanol. :huh: ;)

Ya can't feed him grass, as that will cause more methane gas polution
and nitrogen run off into the water. :D

striperman36
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
these people running for president do NOT even mention it...

oh yeah , they'll yell about the profit margin the oil companies are making but thats about it... big freakin DEAL

where is the logic .... there is none..

it's so absurd.... now they are focusing on human rights because
of the olympics

trade policies and all that talk is a bunch of Hooey and stall tactics

we should all make little sail boat cars and start a parade down the freeways so they'll get the message... or start riding horses and buggies on the median strips... or the road sides ....
and take our OWN movies of it and post it on you tube instead of depending on the media to cover it... :cputin:

they don't look so silly now do they?
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/HorseandBuggy.jpg

If I could drive it to work I would.

Flaptail
04-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I used to enviouslly look at people launching thier 21 foot cc's and think man would I love to have that.:crying:

Now the sweetest thing I see when launching is my 39 year 14 foot skiff with that 6.5 gallon tank that gets me two days of fishing.:kewl:

Strange how things work.:huh:

FishermanTim
04-09-2008, 01:28 PM
How about "pedal cars" or "pedal boats"?
The cars would save gas and get you in shape.
The boats would be powered by whoever is on board, resulting the same results.

I'm sure that there could be a way of gearing a pedal car for interstate road speeds (not highway).

saltfly
04-09-2008, 04:22 PM
I used to enviouslly look at people launching thier 21 foot cc's and think man would I love to have that.:crying:

Now the sweetest thing I see when launching is my 39 year 14 foot skiff with that 6.5 gallon tank that gets me two days of fishing.:kewl:

Strange how things work.:huh:Thinking the same thing.I pulled out the deck and foam insulation and removed all the mouse condos from my 36yr. old 16' starcraft.Firing up the 25 honda 4stroke this week.See you in the bay!

BW from AZ
04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
HMMMM, I Wonder.......
http://www.runacaronwater.com/promo.html

NA. sure as the devel if i tried some thing like this water would cost more than gas

Raven
04-09-2008, 04:47 PM
i have the "build the new instant boats" book
and had hoped the plans in it
had a sea worthy model but i didn't like them... for the salt...

so i'll have to keep looking...

ya know? the original diesel engines
were designed to run on steam power.

Raven
04-09-2008, 04:50 PM
How about "pedal cars" or "pedal boats"?
The cars would save gas and get you in shape.
The boats would be powered by whoever is on board, resulting the same results.

I'm sure that there could be a way of gearing a pedal car for interstate road speeds (not highway).
=========================================
it would have to either charge a battery
or pump compressed air into a on board tank
like what Slipknot was talking about once
about compressed air cars of the future.

smac
04-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Nothi'n better than watchign people launch their $80,000 boats rigged to the gills with fishing gear and zooming by me as I snag pogies and catch stripers a 100yds from the boat ramp (in my kayak).

Dont get me wrong if I coudl afford the boat, maintenance, fuel, insurance, registration, I would be all over it. :rude:

Raider Ronnie
04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Nothi'n better than watchign people launch their $80,000 boats rigged to the gills with fishing gear and zooming by me as I snag pogies and catch stripers a 100yds from the boat ramp (in my kayak).

Dont get me wrong if I coudl afford the boat, maintenance, fuel, insurance, registration, I would be all over it. :rude:

Funny,
I (we) laugh at people using snag hooks !!!