talk about sparing the rod

and the child is spoiled....:blush:

how about Wrecked !!!

Just because the teacher scolded him
for standing on a chair !!!!

:hs: :hs: :hs:

thortum
04-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Yeah, It's getting more & more crazy. I don't think that these kids can seperate computor games from reality! Nothing is real until they end up in prison.

The Dad Fisherman
04-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm not a fan of video games at all......it ain't the video games fault.....Its the jackasses raising the kids.....

Joe
04-02-2008, 09:44 AM
The nuns would never stand for it.

Raven
04-02-2008, 10:29 AM
i was always the class clown

and i still am... which is obvious

with what i do here.. with art and stuff

like makin clammer signs lol http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/clammersign.jpg

but i never thought about murdering my teacher- ever

even the one lady teacher with real long red fingernails
that used to squeeze my neck so hard to get me to stop goofing around
that her friggan nails cut into my neck and i would be bleeding...

so i have to think.... what the hell has changed?????

FishermanTim
04-02-2008, 12:08 PM
It's the new "American way of life".
Both parents, when there are both, have to work in order to afford even meager accomodations. This means that there will be less parental supervision, which means the kids have much more freedom than they should have. This leads to kids developing their own set of values of right and wrong based on whatever has been their most influencing factor: usually TV, videos and video games.
Then the teachers are unfortunately forced to assume a parental approach instead of a mentering approach.
What ends up happening is the kids will eventually develop values based more on the classroom than from their home and the parents will get upset that the teachers have overstepped their bounderies or superceded the parents authority.
Of course the parents don't have the time or energy (and sometimes the desire) to spend quality time with their kids, instead the kids are left to "fend for themselves" and rely on the schools to show them the way.

Because most kids have been raised as "latch-key" kids, the majority of their life lessons come from non-reality based games and television. When they encounter a frustrating situation, they react based on what they learned and where they learned it.

Most of my family has tried to maintain consistant involvement with their kids lives. I wish every child could had some type of involvement, so that they won't have to learn a tough lesson as they get older.

That's my $0.02 worth.

Raven
04-02-2008, 12:15 PM
but i think you error ed

because that was 20 cents worth :claps::claps:

not having kids of my own has made it difficultfor me to understand
the break down in our culture of moral integrity amongst the younger generation........................................ .

who in my opinion seem to forget that adults are just grown up kids
and not the enemy !!! we were all once that young..

I think Flaptail would have a good opinion on this subject.

mekcotuit
04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
The nuns would never stand for it.

And then my parents would wack me when I got home - I can hear my mom now: "you have no business upsetting that poor woman. If you were doing what you were supposed to be doing and behaving yourself this never would have happened....":hs:

Joe
04-02-2008, 02:38 PM
What we have is a more polarized society. Less average, more extremes; kids are worse and better than ever, at the same time. There are kids who are little sociopaths, and there are kids who are freaking brilliant and so far beyond what my generation was achieving at the same age. It's a bizarre dichotomy, and like everything else, it breaks down right along economic lines.

stripermagnet
04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
thats a good point joe
personally i dont blaim movies and games and all that i was into every army/shooting game and movie when i was younger and i never thought about stuff like that. it deffinately takes a "perfect storm" of factors

Swimmer
04-03-2008, 11:05 AM
There were ten kids involved in this plot.

Raven
04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
the original news cast only mentioned the one...

and now even though a boy was the kid who stood

on the chair.... it seems a girl was the organizer of

the plot... telling each of the ten to bring which item
~
and they had something on the news yesterday also

that the number of girls getting into trouble

nation wide...... has doubled.

you seeing that Swimmer?

OffTheHook13
04-03-2008, 04:30 PM
All I know is when I was a kid, when we came home from school we did our homework and then went outside and played a SPORT.

Any sport.

Nowadays you don't see any kids playing outside.

They're all playing video games, on the internet OR planning a murder.

bloocrab
04-04-2008, 12:16 AM
A little late, but I'd like to chime in on this one.

I don't have kids... so I could be talking completely out of my :bshake: on this one.

I'd like to quote, and AGREE with if I may, ...Fisherman Tim ~

Both parents, when there are both, have to work in order to afford even meager accomodations. This means that there will be less parental supervision, which means the kids have much more freedom than they should have. This leads to kids developing their own set of values of right and wrong based on whatever has been their most influencing factor: usually TV, videos and video games..........>> Of course the parents don't have the time or energy (and sometimes the desire) to spend quality time with their kids, instead the kids are left to "fend for themselves" <<.......Because most kids have been raised as "latch-key" kids, the majority of their life lessons come from non-reality based games and television. When they encounter a frustrating situation, they react based on what they learned and where they learned it....

These are just some of my thoughts mixed in with my own reality on the subject.
Both my parents worked, however... I was left with family members not a paid sitter. This played a big role in my upbringing. When you pay a "sitter", they are doing a job. As with all jobs, some people perform better than others...some are there just for a paycheck, some are there for a little more, and some are there to work, but in a way that they'd like they're own children handled if being supervised. I know I was lucky, as the family that watched over me, made sure to report any and all misbehavior to my parents, and it was always brought to my attention that is was relayed to them. They warned me out right that they were RATS. Heck, my parents insisted that they (our "sitters") physically reprimand us when needed, that happened too, but not to the extreme that my father took it to.
Today, the majority of child care-takers don't care. They are happy with sitting the child in front of the T.V. and feeding it 3 times per day. Come 6PM, the child goes home to return another day. What that child participated in that day was what built his or her character, it's what begins to form that child into a teenager and eventually into an adult. As silly as this sounds, why don't you seriously compare the T.V. of today to the T.V. of yesterday. Is there even a slight similarity? I think NOT. Not even close. What is T.V. built on today? Evil things, bad in one way or another. The things that bring out the worst in people. These are the things that are raising our children today. Where does a child spend the majority of it's time? In front of a screen. Whether it be the T.V....a DVD player, or a Video game with some type of killing or destroying going on.
Society has found a way to erase any parental fear from the child. The one thing that was installed in me at a very young age was Parental Fear. I believe the fear I had for my parents, sometimes...outweighed the Love I had for them. It wasn't a fear of being badly beaten or abused, but a combined fear of letting them down and yes, getting verbally and physically reprimanded for disappointing them. Did I receive unnecessary beatings? Yes. Do I hold any grudges for it? No. When my father really looks at me today, I can see pride in his eyes. It's that pride that tells me that whatever he did, however he chose to do it, made me who I am today. I am proud of what my parents seeded in me. Society did not stop them from raising me the way they felt was right. Parents of today take the easiest route, they allow T.V., society and the mind-set of the majority... rule the way they raise their children....

Do you know what the most common practice for raising children is today?

Simple.....LET THEM RAISE THEMSELVES.

Do not interact, do not teach, do not show by example
Instead, only answer questions when they're asked multiple times, and when you do, give them the quickest answer becasue you have more important things to do than communicate with your child, you need to watch the news and hear about other people's children causing crimes. Well I'll tell ya.... You'll get from your child, what you invested in your child.

Who's fault is it that these children plotted this devious plan against that teacher?
It's their parents fault. ALL of them. The parents of the child that originated it, and the parents of all the other children who were not taught the difference between Good and Evil. If a child doesn't realize or respect the importance of a human life, something went wrong. Someone did a poor job. I pity the children, but blame the parents.

Ok - hopefully not too many spelling errors....sorry for rambling and just basically saying exactly what Fisherman Tim said....but the subject of children and how they are being raised today really gets me crabby.

Raven
04-04-2008, 02:32 AM
you chimed in like a Tornado .....Bravo you totally nailed it !:claps:

========================================
i think your post should be emailed to all the news agency's

it's what i've been saying all along about all the EVIL i'm seeing on TV these days.... and i hold Hollywood very responsible too

in our (my) generation WARD Cleaver set many of my values while talking to Wally and the Beaver...and the Parents backed them up

now, the horror material seems to out weigh the more moral
television shows, that...and ...with all the special effects that are taking over .... the future really concerns me...i just see it everywhere.

now what we are seeing is very prevalent....its the aftermath :(