View Full Version : first stop at the show

stripermagnet
04-04-2008, 07:10 PM
whered everyone book it to once they got to the RI show? (or where are you planning to book it to) i went straight to bigfish to grab some prey swimmers and a pencil. i know the habs line got insane when the doors opened whatd you guys grab first

Gunpowder
04-04-2008, 07:20 PM
pictures please :drool: :drool: :drool:

Adam_777
04-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I hate crowds and lines.Didn't stay long and didn't get half of what I wanted to.I'll stick to local shops and ordering stuff online from now on.Brought a big chunk of $$$ left with almost all of it.Sad I wanted some of Salty's and Bigfish's stuff but felt overwelmed by the crowds and lines.I left by 130.Ended up with a handful of Afterhours stuff,couple packs of Surfhogs,RI poppers bighead swimmer in black,and some beef jerky for the road.If Saturday crowds are worse than fridays there's no way in hell I'll go torture myself again.

Gunpowder
04-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I'll take whatever money you have left or plugs you don't want :hihi: at least its good business for our plugbuilders though..... they put in a ton of time and work for this.

tattoobob
04-04-2008, 08:20 PM
First place I went to was the bathroom, long drive coffee I needed to pee

But I stopped at the Pt. Jude booth and offered my condolances (Spelling) then to the Salty Booth for the 2 O'Clock meet and greet. it was great meeting everyone.

For me it isn't about buying gear but talking with all my friends I have made thru this site, I only made it thru a couple of rows and stayed 6 hours

Good times great seeing everyone

Adam_777
04-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I am glad to see them getting all that business.Hope they were over prepared for all of it and have enough stock to last 3 days.I love all the plugs I got.Felt bad grabbing as many from AH as I did.I guess I'll have to save that money I have left over to pay shipping from now on.The Beef Jerky was excellent.Hot as Hell and I didn't even get the hottest one he had.

big popper
04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
i got a few things .

stripermagnet
04-04-2008, 09:38 PM
the lines were a little rough, but the plugmakers were working like crazy all day and it was worth it for me. after waiting in the line i wanted to buy a 2.3oz blue/white prey swimmer from bigfish, but none of them were rigged up so larry even rigged one right then and there for me. great stuff

richardj
04-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Picked-up a few quality items:

WadingWill
04-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I was lucky enough to get a couple Habs needles. If you think it was bad on Friday I can only imagine how it is today. I also got a fishing log calendar and a spook kit from Salty's and a needlefish from Afterhours. It was great to meet and chat with the both of them too, both great guys. I also picked up Zeno's book, and I read the whole thing last night. Easily the best surfcasting book I've read. There was also alot of good freebies, like ocean charts, tide charts, etc... Ran in to a couple of friends as well, overall a great day.

HookLine&Sinker
04-05-2008, 12:07 PM
i got a yellow habs needel, and a herring silver back prey from bigfish co.

bigfish, thanks for the hat!

bassackward
04-05-2008, 12:36 PM
People like myself really shouldn't be allowed to attend these things, especially alone. Within the first hour, on Friday, I had 2 Habs (large white and stubby yellow needles and a hat), 3 of Larry's Bigfish (Prey, Danny, and Minnow), 2 Afterhours (crackle metal swimmer and small needle in crackly squid color), 2 Tattoos at SWE (Squid Darter and Danny), Salty's (1 and 2 oz casting eggs and Eel skin). P{icked up some bucktails and the Herring metal lure for Pt. Jude too. See I'm sick I tell you.
Sorry no pics, most already in my large surf bag and rest in tackle bag. Was there from opening until 7 (wanted to see Steve McKenna seminar). Good to see Steve was out and about. There were some good rod deals by the number of people walking around with them. I already had new equipment from MSBA show, but I can't help myself when it comes to the detail these lure makers are able to achieve.

Can we finally start planning for that 1st tug of the striped one? Starting to look at tides and moon phase for South cape and RI.

JamesJet
04-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I went this morning and just got back. I picked up several Guppy pencils, several yozuri mag darters and some AH pencils. I also got a new boat rod - shimano trevala - for a good price. We'll see how I like it but it has a lifetime warrantee. Oh and a bottle of the sea potion scent. This was my last minute grab. I have an old jar that I am going to soak some plastics in. I have never tried it but have heard good things.

I didn't think the crowds were all that bad but the custom lures were definitely picked through. Salty's shack was very busy so I didn't have a chance to stop by there and say hi. I already got some of his stuff from the plum island show so it wasn't a high priority for me.

James