View Full Version : Virginia Beach in April

VTRI
04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Does anyone have any tips for surf fishing in the Virginia Beach area at the end of April? The more I read the more confused I get. It seems it is not a easy as up here. You need a license...you can't walk out on jetties...the season is closed (I can't find any info about catch and release) ...the beach is closed...ect., ect.

I am headed down with my family for a quick beach fix and was planning on fishing the beaches/jetties before the kids wake up!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

chubsdad
04-09-2008, 08:49 PM
go to virgina- pierandsurf.com its a local site and they should be able to help you out with all the laws and also where to fish.. last year before we went down i found that site and they helped alot good luck

Green Light
04-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Have you researched the local bait shops? If they are like the NE bait shops, then you should be able to pick up good bait (clams, plugs, flies, etc) and tips of where to fish. I used this method when I was in Maine last year...and did very well!

"uffah!!"
04-10-2008, 08:08 AM
VB is very hard to deal with at anytime of the year. I was stationed at
Fort Story in the late 60's and VB is out there at the point. So any change in wind, weather,water temp. it is happing at VB first.