View Full Version : Someone tell me

Got Stripers
10-20-2002, 06:03 PM
why I'm suddenly getting a large dose of "mail delivery failed" messages, but to people I don't know, who aren't in my contact list and for emails I never sent? Is there a bug out that I need to be aware of? Everything else seems to be working fine, but it's just weird I'm getting messages that emails I didn't send, didn't go through?

Thanks.

JohnR
10-20-2002, 06:42 PM
Bob, you may have a virus which is unlikely if you have a good anti-virus package AND the latest definition. Or you might have a problem where someone else's computer has been infected by a virus which sends out e-mails TO people in their address book but displaying OTHER peoples e-mail addy as the return address.

So Joe Whatever has his machine infected and the virus sends an e-mail - with your name as the sender because it's in his address book - to someone else that has an address in his book that is no longer valid.

Got Stripers
10-21-2002, 08:06 PM
Updated the latest 3 dat files from McAfee tonight, so I guess I must have done so last week. Then virus scan and nada, plus I just got my email and none of those notices, maybe I got lucky.