View Full Version : Look what I picked up !

saltydog
04-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Im slow I know that, this was hand deliverd to me at the RISAA show last week. this HERRING is 9" not counting the tail an weights in at 6.7oz by my scale.one of the first out there, guess the next one will be a MACK,cant wait for that one.
meet a few outher builders there an even picked up more wood. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& stuffed chock-o-lot fish in my shirt pocket, guess I need more energy, to build more stuff. heres a pic of a plug GOLDENBEAR
was showing us at the show in front of saltys booth.:shocked: never did find any 3/0 red trebles.lots of nice plugs thow.:jump:
thats it.
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

scottw
04-13-2008, 07:07 AM
they both look amazing, I'm wondering who the target market is for the first "plug", I've seen the prices, yikes.... and at 6.7 ounces or so I can't imagine plugging with it for any length of time and I would certainly be taking a swim if I broke it off?!?!

Raven
04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
why is it a floater ? or are ya gonna hunt for it on the bottom...:laugha:

saltydog
04-13-2008, 12:43 PM
scottw, it's OAK, Im guessing COLLECTORS shocked: or NUTS like me:smash: the painting is SUPER, something Ill never be able to do.

Raven,
there are pluged holes on the botton, so it has to be weighted. for what there asking you would think it would have a CLEANER BOTTOM ( not being able to see the weight holes) :confused: my thought:eek:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

scottw
04-13-2008, 03:04 PM
you can paint like that, get a WASCO or other taxidermy catalogue and purchase the fish painting schedules that they offer, they even have pre cut stencils for some species, you'll notice that a lot of the jointed lures that these guys are offering are not painted as baitfish but game fish like trout because they use these schedules, this guy is very good, amazing that he can produce enough each individually airbrushed to operate but once you have the stencils and schedules I guess you can just line them up...

saltydog
04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
scottw, thank for the TIP a friend on my'en owhs his own taxidermy shop, Ill visit him an ask about it, sorry to say Im a RATTLE CAN GUY, BUT maby Ill give it a shot:rolleyes:stencils :rollem:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

steelhead
04-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Some one had previously posted the link to the website with the trout plug in the left image. It had a video on it. It was very cool. Can't find it now.

Gunpowder
04-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Some one had previously posted the link to the website with the trout plug in the left image. It had a video on it. It was very cool. Can't find it now.

this site carries a very similar lure... check out the action.
click "video" ;)

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageSWIMRIVER-RWS.html#

steelhead
04-17-2008, 10:16 PM
That's close.... This video was in the dead of winter. The guy was tossing the lure out in to the current of a local river and his wife was on the video camera. He was trying to explain/illustrate the change in the hinge mechanism design in the updated lure. It was pretty interesting.

Gunpowder
04-17-2008, 10:49 PM
hmm wish i could have seen the same one that you saw. when i saw this video i could not believe the realistic action that it had... tough price tag to bite but they are hot lures i have been told

steelhead
04-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Hope some one can remember....

slingToad
04-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Do a web search for musky snax. I think professorM posted a link a while back.

I think the link you are looking for is on photobucket
"2008 Herring Promo Video"

saltydog
04-18-2008, 07:55 PM
thats it--->Musky Snax:agree:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:walk:

steelhead
04-18-2008, 09:01 PM
That's the one!

scottw
04-19-2008, 06:11 AM
the Musky Snax guy should also make a RAT lure, I'll bet Muskies would really like rats and also maybe a Beaver lure because I'm sure that they are swimming around those lakes as well...do Muskies eat pike? He's got a big one painted as a pike, I'm thinking seagull for around here, I've seen the flying rats get nipped by blues in a big skirmish, Seagull plugs would be interesting, got my first bass last night so I'm in a good mood and the world is right again, if you have time, Musky Snax guy does mention on his site that they have been a little rough on him at one of the Musky Fishing sites, might be interesting to see what folks that may have ed them have said reviewing these....

scottw
04-19-2008, 06:28 AM
I took a look, I couldn't find anyone that didn't like the lures but I also didn't see guys raving about catching fish, mostly raving about the appearence, it was evident that he was using the messageboard to promote and actively sell his $100 lures so maybe that's where the rub came from, it's interesting to go to some of the older posts, 2005 I think I was reading where pics of his plugs were posted, none jointed but still nice paint, he's evolved pretty quickly...great place this AMERICA!

Adam_777
04-20-2008, 08:06 AM
I have a musky snax Lure in bunker.Has to be 6 inches long 4oz and is a slow sinker.The finish is tough as nails.I got it toward the end of the year last year so didn't fish it but when the bunker are around I'll be tossing it in with em and letting it sink with a twitch here and there.It has a side to side swim underwater.This pic doesn't do it much justice.

scottw
04-20-2008, 08:33 AM
there was a thread that was a bit humorous suggesting that the cost of plugs was getting so high that serial numbers should be applied or some other sort of tracking mechanism so that they could be returned to their rightful owner if found after being lost...

Gunpowder
04-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I have a musky snax Lure in bunker.Has to be 6 inches long 4oz and is a slow sinker.The finish is tough as nails.I got it toward the end of the year last year so didn't fish it but when the bunker are around I'll be tossing it in with em and letting it sink with a twitch here and there.It has a side to side swim underwater.This pic doesn't do it much justice.

how much did that one cost?

scottw
04-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Salty, I loved this one and saved the pic for future reference, he said that he use a foil tape that was pretty easy to work with, I saved the link for that too, might come in handy sometime!

saltydog
04-21-2008, 06:02 PM
scottw, good lookin plug, gotta love the paint job:drool: you AIR BRUSH GUYS are un real.Im going to PRACTICE this summer w/ my RATTLE CANS!
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:bgi:

scottw
04-21-2008, 06:52 PM
that's not mine, I wish, it's an MSnax but I saved the pic because it had great scales and features that I wanted to try at a later date...ya know, I went to his site as well as the site that he says is his distributor, neither provide product or price lists, I found it a little frustrating, i guess if you have to ask you can't afford it...