View Full Version : need some help down the cape

Fish Or Die
04-14-2008, 04:34 PM
me and a buddy are going down the cape memorial day weekend and gonna be in the falmouth area. should we be targeting the inside or outer beaches?

Gunpowder
04-14-2008, 04:38 PM
I would say outer beaches would be your best bet as they are the ones hit first with the stripers....

moosh
04-14-2008, 05:53 PM
I would go to the canal , If you want to catch a big one...

Slammer223
04-14-2008, 10:08 PM
South facing beaches,obviously,Falmouth,Mashpee and Cotuit.Go to Eastman's and ask where they are hitting.

Bass Babe
04-15-2008, 12:26 AM
I'd suggest one of those in-depth, every-road-is-listed maps of the Cape. Drive the shore, and look for spots that look fishy, then look for access and parking. You may hit it big where others would least expect.

...And make sure you go to Bangkok Thai there near Eastman's. Awesome food, and what have been described to me as cute waitresses.

Back Beach
04-15-2008, 06:13 AM
By Memorial Day its a question of "where aren't they", not "where are they".

Flaptail
04-15-2008, 06:35 AM
The Nantucket sound shoreline of Falmouth has many pond openings like the south county shore of Rhode Island. Outgoing tides corresponding with dawn or dusk are your best bet.

There will be fish everywhere around the cape then so don't restrict yourself to Falmouth. There will be good fishing on the outer cape beaches from Chatham to P-Town as well and Cape Cod Bay is in it's prime them.

As someone smartly suggested, get a Cape Cod road guide and look for town landings and beaches to guide your search.

partsjay
04-15-2008, 07:23 AM
I would try both sides......should be good by then