View Full Version : some mackeral stripes

scottw
04-17-2008, 06:50 AM
I've been frustrated by previous attempts, found some stencils in my attic the other day, I still have to mess around and maybe tighten them up a little but a big improvement over my other tries, the big spook is a little over 3 oz., the poppers are just over 2 oz. and a present for my dad for his bday, he got a new knee and a triple bypass all in one week last Nov. and hasn't stopped talking about going fishing ever since, :fishin:

fishbones
04-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Very nice work. :claps:

Raven
04-17-2008, 10:07 AM
they look great.... http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/sign-GUYS/thumbsup.jpg i give you my personal thumbs up
seal of approval :)

i always try to look beyond what attracts just the fisherman
and try to assess the fish catching ability of the plug just
by how it's built and the color scheme...

those will do the job there intended to....rest assured.

scottw
04-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Raven, got to move to phase II this past week which was getting out to throw some of the plugs I'd made over the past few months and I have to tell ya, it was a lot of fun, fishing always is, but loading your bag up with stuff that you made and watching them swim is tremendous, I watched a little stubby needle that I made just suspend there in the water column, kept thinking that if I watched it long enough it would either surface or go to the bottom but it did neither, it surfaced just barely when in a calm pool but with water movement or a twitch it went subsurface and just hung there looking like a real fish , I thought "holy crap, how did I do that?", anyway, I'm ready for phase III, actually catching something on a plug that I made, IT"S ALL FUN! PEACE....

GooGoo Man
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Great colors, nice job. Love the wonder breadish colors on the spook! also awesome scales.

Tagger
04-18-2008, 03:42 AM
look great to me ... different Mac pattern ... one pogy