View Full Version : here we go

Karl F
04-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Raven
04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
i can no longer afford food--- so screw it

i'll grow it all... and trade for the rest...

i practice catch and release but some i'll eat...

my spread is kinda small to grow a beef cow.

so when will the dollar menu at the fast food joints

go up to 150 and 2 bucks... soon i'd wager..:gorez:

Mike P
04-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Vegetable garden this summer, and legal bass are going to be in trouble. They're not all getting put back. If there was a reliable shore spot for flounder/fluke/sea bass/cod/pollock etc that would be great this year. Bluefish too--the food budget needs all the stretching it can get. I usually don't quahog in the summer, but I'll be raking this year.

I "locked in" at $2.299 this morning at the Shell in Buzzards Bay. That should get me through the weekend and into Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I guarantee it'll be $2.349 by the time I get home tonight :( :wall:

GattaFish
04-17-2008, 03:20 PM
MikeP,,,, you are not kidding,,,, I will be keeping more than a few fish this year to,,, Prices are getting scary...

Did you mean 3.299 on the gas..?

Mike P
04-17-2008, 04:18 PM
MikeP,,,, you are not kidding,,,, I will be keeping more than a few fish this year to,,, Prices are getting scary...

Did you mean 3.299 on the gas..?

Yeah--I hope I didn't get a bunch of people running out to their vehicles and lining up along Main Street at the thought of $2.229 gas :biglaugh:

I meant to hit the 3 and fat fingered the 2

UserRemoved1
04-17-2008, 04:32 PM
4.49 diesel here today.

missing link
04-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Less than a mile out Scup , Black sea bass, if I even get out and I trailer.
But don't worry the election for Pres is right around the corner and everything will be allright
OK I'll stop now
might get BANNED and It's not even Friday:buds::gorez::lurk:
LINK
all fired up:exp:

bloocrab
04-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Karl -

Early last week I was out servicing the Yarmouth Cumbys' - they were at $2.9? per gallon, I had to shut down their gas services for an hour to do some work there, ...you wanna see some MAD customers.......I couldn't believe gas was under $3.00 out on the cape. Apparently, they were being overly competitive with a neighboring gas station. The store manager was happy as they got a nice long break, but they claimed it had been NON-STOP pumping due to the low cost for DAYS,.,.. I knew it wouldn't last long - I predict it will hit $4.00 by late summer ~ I pity you cape folk, with these gas prices the way they are.....you better get the pedal bike out and plan on NOT leaving the cape this year.

missing link
04-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Karl I think the tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g industry is giong to make a Fast change to rates cost effective to the load being hauled ,myself as a company driver the cost of fuel dosen't effect me but I shut my engine off when I can I've been with F.G Adams Co .Inc. Bulk hauling for 15 yrs
anyone from Ma. to wherever has seen our trucks in New England.
saving & for my boss means more $ in my back pocket
I'm an old school driver the highway is my office when my directional comes on 3 blinks I'm moveing over I don't mess with you in your office so WHY mess with with me
LINK

BigFish
04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Noticed the same thing this am Karl! Sunday regular was 3.17 at the "cheap" place and 3.25 at the "higher" place nearby....I almost choked when I saw the high price on Sunday!!! This am I see 3.25 at the "cheap" place and 3.43 at the "higher" place!!!!:fury: What the "F"!!!:wall: So....I never saved or recycled the empty bottles and cans before......but I sure as sheboygan am gonna start!!!!! I am gonna start pinching where ever I can!!! This government BLOWS!

ProfessorM
04-17-2008, 06:48 PM
They said last fall it was going to be 4 bucks a gallon by summer and it look like it could be true. Good thing I work on Cape so I am already there when I want to go fishing.

BigFish
04-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Heard today that offshore oil production is 8 million barrels per day.......PER DAY! So why is the price going through the roof?!?!?!?! This government needs to get a handle on this and fast!!! Anyone notice its alot more tense on the road these days than it has been??? Folks are STRESSED!!!!

Adam_777
04-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Yup this whole thing sucks.Only getting worse so suck it up and start eating less and driving less and be prepared for the layoffs to come in big numbers.I'd say it's coming but it's already here.

GattaFish
04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I am glad I don't drive to work everyday like lots of people,,,, only go to the airport a couple times a month,,, could not imagine $100++ a week,,,instead its much less than $100 a month for me,,,

Just so you guys know it is almost as much in Texas as it is in CT,,, and TX does not have near the taxes,,,, hmmmmm .. someone guy from Crawford has a bunch of buddies making money,,:humpty::humpty:

afterhours
04-17-2008, 08:10 PM
i hate oil companies.....they should be regulated like other energy services ie: natural gas and electricity. somebody farts and the prices go up .30!

Flaptail
04-17-2008, 08:20 PM
small boat, short commute, live on Cape Cod ten minutes from places I can catch ( not my favorite places but they will do if things get tough) and B-Harba is only 15 miles away. This is why I moved here and lately (cept for lowlifes stabbin each other in Hyanny) I am so glad I did it back in 83'.

Life is good

BigFish
04-17-2008, 08:58 PM
My main fishin' hole is only 20 minutes from my house.......figure I can do one "splurge" trip a week!

fishbones
04-17-2008, 10:07 PM
small boat, short commute, live on Cape Cod ten minutes from places I can catch ( not my favorite places but they will do if things get tough) and B-Harba is only 15 miles away. This is why I moved here and lately (cept for lowlifes stabbin each other in Hyanny) I am so glad I did it back in 83'.

Life is good

I have a pretty good idea where you'll be fishing next week or the week after, Flaptail. I've seen you the last couple of years there in late April. Unfortunately, I'll be driving about 50 miles to get there. But, I'd rather be spending the money on gas and catching schoolies than be sitting at home complaining.

MrHunters
04-18-2008, 06:12 AM
since there is not much i can do about this except bitch about it, im trying to think of other things to offset the gas cost. Maybe other people have some ideas too to put it in perspective.

ok so i have 17 gallons per week to fill ( i know some of you guys have way more) so if it goes up 1.00 from say a base of 2.90. So that's like 17 bucks.

That is my large ice coffee every day. I'll make it at home now.

now for the boat. ??

ProfessorM
04-18-2008, 06:46 PM

Life is good
As George would say "you suck". 42 miles to my favorite place on earth

basswipe
04-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Cumby's here was at $3.49 yesterday.