View Full Version : Tree removal?

FishermanTim
04-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions?
My mother has a tree in her front yard that she would like removed.
It has been the cause of root growth in our sewer pipes fro years, causing numerous backups into our basement.
Before we tackle re-doing the full basement, I would like to have a little peace of mind that the root issue will not be an annual event.

I'm looking for an idea of the cost (it's a relatively tall tree, over 40 feet high.
Also any references would be welcome. I'm just "looking into the prospect" right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fishbones
04-23-2008, 12:50 PM
There are lots of variables to consider. Most of it depends on how easy it is to get to and what type of equipment needs to be used. I had a 30 foot evergreen taken down and the stump ground a couple of years ago and it cost me $250 from a licensed company. Late last fall, I had 4 trees taken down and it cost me $1700 to take them all down and grind the stumps. In that case, they needed to bring in a big crane because 2 of them were too big to climb and take down piece by piece. You should get at least 3 estimates. I had quotes from $1700 to $3200 for the ones last fall. And make sure they are licensed and insured.

american spirit
04-23-2008, 01:09 PM
i'm actually in the process of getting quotes for stump grinding. i also need 1 small 20 foot tree taken down. i'll let you know. i live in billerica. no replys yet.

Raider Ronnie
04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions?
My mother has a tree in her front yard that she would like removed.
It has been the cause of root growth in our sewer pipes fro years, causing numerous backups into our basement.
Before we tackle re-doing the full basement, I would like to have a little peace of mind that the root issue will not be an annual event.

I'm looking for an idea of the cost (it's a relatively tall tree, over 40 feet high.
Also any references would be welcome. I'm just "looking into the prospect" right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a guy for you.
He is in you area also.
Send me a pm and I'll get his number to you.