View Full Version : whats the fastest the fish move?

GonnaCatchABig1
04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
i would assume that a fish constantly swimming could easily cover 10-20 miles a day.. at a lazy pace..

this isn't even really that serious of a question.. i'm just getting frustrated they aren't here yet.. they are only 20 miles or so away.. they should be here already!!! AHHH!!! then again.. i should just go to them... but i like being able to walk out my door and catch fish.

BigFish
04-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Chris.......if you fish for them.....they will come! Think less and fish more!:laugha:

Raider Ronnie
04-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Tuna do around 60mph !

Slick Moedee
04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
According to Guinness World Records, the cosmopolitan sailfish is considered the fastest fish in the sea.

They point out that measuring a fish's speed over a short distance is very difficult to do. Still, in a series of speed trials carried out at the Long Key Fishing Camp in Florida, one sailfish took out 300 feet of line in three seconds, which is equivalent to a velocity of 68 mph.

Some of the satilite tagging data done w/BFT show they can cross the Atlantic in ~50 days

GonnaCatchABig1
04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Chris.......if you fish for them.....they will come! Think less and fish more!:laugha:

i've been out there... but they haven't gotten here yet. :wall:

gorgeous day yesterday though! even if the ocean had a 4ft high attitude problem.. boy was that water in my waders cold in comparison to the 80 degree air.

but not even a nibble.. but they gotta be here soon! they are only just down the road.

ThomCat
04-24-2008, 02:47 PM
:smokin:Kingers & Wahoo will relieve you of some yardage in hurry. Love that sound!!!!:btu:

Squibby17
04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
For non off-shore speed hooking up with an Albie will surely show you how fast fish can swim.:scatter: