View Full Version : Reading About Roy Leyva!

BigFish
04-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Roy, I never get tired of reading about your accomplishments! Nice writeup in the "Coastlines" section of the Patriot Ledger today!:kewl:

numbskull
04-24-2008, 08:03 PM
The guy sure is a credit to the fishing community.

afterhours
04-25-2008, 06:11 AM
roy is one helluva guy!! he and his fiancee' are first class folk. a big thanks to them for thier work :humpty:

The Iceman 6
04-25-2008, 08:06 AM
LOVE the spongebob pole...

JohnR
04-25-2008, 08:08 AM
First class is right, humble, hard fishing, and helping kids - what's better than that?

Is that article linkified yet for the non southshoreites?

davisd
04-25-2008, 12:00 PM
:fishin: That was a very good article in the paper. Kid's they are the next generation take a kid fishing every chance you get even if they are not yours! I took a 4th grade special Ed class once. It was the best day every one of those kids said thank you afterwards. It was really nice. Keep up the good work Roy.

RoyL
04-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Wow guys thank you so much for the kind words. It means a lot to me. I have to admit I have to give some credit to my fiance Rachel. She puts up with a lot so I can do what I enjoy the most. Not in a million years I would have ever thought I could change someones life around, it feels dam good to know I have. These kids are our future and maybe they might not grow to like fishing, but im sure they take a life time of choices with them. With out guys like your selves and support The fishing academy could never be what has become, so for that I thank everyone of you. S-B rules!!!! Thank You

Here's a link John

http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/x2103873556

Squid kids Dad
04-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Keep up the GREAT work..........

Ron A
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Fly fished with Roy at Cliff pond the other day and really enjoyed his company. He is a good guy and wish him continuing success.

Slipknot
04-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Never give up Roy!

You the man :uhuh:

You'll get that muskie soon enough, I just know it.

Rock Hopper
05-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Roy is a class act! As John said, humble, hard fishing and willing to help his community and the kids in it. We are all fortunate to have a guy like him to take and teach kids the pleasures of nature and fishing as a sport. We (AquaSkinz) are honored to have Roy on our pro-team as an advocate and representative as well. Thank you Roy for all you do!

Kadir

GattaFish
05-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Wow guys thank you so much for the kind words. It means a lot to me. I have to admit I have to give some credit to my fiance Rachel. She puts up with a lot so I can do what I enjoy the most. Not in a million years I would have ever thought I could change someones life around, it feels dam good to know I have. These kids are our future and maybe they might not grow to like fishing, but im sure they take a life time of choices with them. With out guys like your selves and support The fishing academy could never be what has become, so for that I thank everyone of you. S-B rules!!!! Thank You

Here's a link John

Wow,, great write up,,,, I think you deserve the thanks,,,, :claps::claps:

I hope you realize how important you are to those kids and that keeping them fishing may be the best thing that has even happened to them,,,,

Good luck in your quest,,, YOU deserve it.

Tall 1
05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Congrats Roy! You deserve it!! You're a great all around fisherman.

OLD GOAT
05-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I'd like to salute a guy that has taken the time to help kids. Thank you.