View Full Version : Question!

AnthonyN
11-09-2001, 02:58 PM
I always thought the blues left before the bass did. Now its november 9th and i am still catching blues in the upper bay this time of year the bass are usually starting to head south and fishing slows down. There are -plenty of schoolies to be caught besides the blues haven't ran into any cows yet. Does this mean the last run of stripers has yet to begin? I have never really caught the amount of blues i have been catching this time of year before. Than again they may be sticking around this long due to all the bait that is still plentiful.

Thanks ;)

Got Stripers
11-09-2001, 08:08 PM
Cool! That's a good sign for me and S.M. tomorrow as the blues might still be in the river. I've always heard the same, but then you always hear about the 25 lber caught on Thanksgiving. I think the rule applies for the most part, but like anything in life....there are exceptions. I'd count myself lucky and keep fishing :).

10x10
11-09-2001, 08:25 PM
Best bluefish I ever caught was on Dec.17th in a northeaster.20 lbs easy.

bluefish
11-09-2001, 10:18 PM
I think it has been unseasonably warmer for this time of year. I don't know about you fellers just a bit further north but I gotta believe it's been pretty much the same....

I think we are NOW where we shoulda been a month and a half ago as far as water temps...

What do you guys think?

Anyway, if I am right that means the migratories will tend to stick around a bit more and extend our season for us!

bloocrab
11-10-2001, 02:31 AM
...On occasion, in Late November while Togging...I've had tails bit off....and Sabiki rigs snapped while chasing Macks...due to a few Bloofish hanging around...and like Mikey said..the temps are definately not where they're supposed to be.....

..but HEY!!!...who's complaining??..:D:D

..Long Weekend...Get Out There !!!.......Moooooooooooooooo

can you hear them.....??

...Moooooooooooooooooo ! ;)...Oink Oink!!!...don't forget the Hogs though!

Saltheart
11-10-2001, 12:30 PM
I don't know what biologists would say but my view is that the main body of bigger stripers disappears leaving behind small bass and blues. In RI , the last fish I can expect to catch on the south shore (not at power plants or in rivers) in late November are monster size bluefish. One year we were catching Bluefish greater than 23 pounds the last Saturday in November along the strech from the Charlestown Breachway to the Quonny Breacway.

Just a tip , when there are few if any bass left along the south shore of RI but still bluefish , there are still nice bass off Montauk and Block Island.