View Full Version : ESPN's Wanna Go Fishing?

nightfighter
05-04-2008, 06:42 AM
I like the show. Awesome trips they take these people on. But the way they select the people, and their surprise is the best. The host seems like a real normal guy, too.

Swimmer
05-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Lady they had on this morning was six months pregnant and on the 77th floor of the WTC when it got hit. Her and her husband were going into a Canadians hockey game, I think, when the host hit her up. She didn't even ask her husband. She just said yes. The show was very heartwarming watching her have such a great time, knowing how difficult it must have been for her to survive the 9-11 ordeal.

fishonnelsons
05-04-2008, 09:18 AM
It's a great show - they had this girl from the mid-west a few weeks ago - went up to Alaska - she had a blast.

seadevil
05-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Hope it replaces Charlie Moore cause he is a putz:hang:

Adam_777
05-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I saw the show this morn and I thought it was a good show.Definitely a good thing they are doing .That was a good size marlin she hooked into.A bunch of good fishing shows on this AM.The schools of Jacks in Costa Rica hammering the bait was nice to see and that big needlefish.

Rockport24
05-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I like that show too, seems like they give those trip to some real deserving people.
another show I"ve discovered recently is "a day on the lake" yeah, it's FW bass fishing, but the pros they have on there really give a lot of tips and tricks to find fish in a new place, which can be adapted to the salt.

Green Light
05-05-2008, 08:43 PM
...but the pros they have on there really give a lot of tips and tricks to find fish in a new place, which can be adapted to the salt.

I agree 100%. I personally have learned a lot from FW shows.

I personally like the fishing shows where they take fresh water bass or red fish anglers to go after saltwater species. The commentary and the look on their faces when they hook into a structure-oriented fish that can tow a kayak is great!

I will look this show up and see if its on "Dish Network".