View Full Version : Could Somebody Please.........

BigFish
05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Shut Charles Barkley off?! Man he is tough to listen to!!!!:fury:

JohnR
05-06-2008, 10:07 PM
He's great

BigFish
05-06-2008, 10:48 PM
He is boring, not too funny and offers very little to the conversation.:rollem:

ThomCat
05-07-2008, 05:06 AM
:bshake:He's always spoken well of you, big guy:cheers::rotflmao:

EarnedStripes44
05-07-2008, 08:19 AM
He is boring, not too funny and offers very little to the conversation.:rollem:

...and when he does, its usually bad opinion!

MrHunters
05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
i love how he's drunk the entire show.

RIROCKHOUND
05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I like him.
More entertaining than most announcers. I guess I prefer colorful characters during half-time!

BassDawg
05-07-2008, 06:15 PM
YUP!

he is a funny commentator, and better when he plays off of
the other former player that was doing the half-time shows during
the regular season. i like his twisted logic and his approach towards the NBA.

you're right though, Larry, he was WAAAAAY off about the GREEEN.

Chris Webb has got to go, imo. Talk about boring and horrible analysis. He also had Lebron going off in the second half. Can't wait to see us dismiss the Cavs in 4!!!

not only did we shut #23 DOWN! we beat them with Pierce and Allen unable to find the net. GREAT DEFENSE. we keep that type of "D" consistent and if our starting five hits their shots, its gonna get FUGLY fast for Cleveland..............:heybaby: :heybaby:

luds
05-07-2008, 08:40 PM
YUP!

he is a funny commentator, and better when he plays off of
the other former player that was doing the half-time shows during
the regular season. i like his twisted logic and his approach towards the NBA.

you're right though, Larry, he was WAAAAAY off about the GREEEN.

Chris Webb has got to go, imo. Talk about boring and horrible analysis. He also had Lebron going off in the second half. Can't wait to see us dismiss the Cavs in 4!!!

not only did we shut #23 DOWN! we beat them with Pierce and Allen unable to find the net. GREAT DEFENSE. we keep that type of "D" consistent and if our starting five hits their shots, its gonna get FUGLY fast for Cleveland..............:heybaby: :heybaby:

webber just needs a little practice. he is a charasmatic guy. he'll do fine.

i love sir charles. he could be dead wrong and know it but will never back down. most importantly, he isn't afraid to say what nobody else will.

Clogston29
05-08-2008, 06:56 AM
i love barkely. what did he call the cav's offense? "stupid, idiotic 1 on 5" for something like that. Tells it how it is.

How funny was this exchange with Dwyane Wade about the "cougar":

Dwyane Wade has finally spoken up about his alleged romance with Star Jones: "Star is an unbelievable woman. We have a great, great relationship. As friends."

"We're friends, just like a lot of celebrities. We are friends," the pro basketball star said Thursday during a guest appearance on "Inside the NBA," the jocular TNT show featuring Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson.

"Are y'all close friends?" Smith asked.

"We're good friends," Wade responded.

"Are you the kind of friends that drink out of one cup with two straws?" Smith persisted, referring to a much-discussed photo of Wade, 26, and Jones, the 46-year-old TV personality who recently filed for divorce, at a tennis match. "Those kind of friends?"

"We are friends. That's all," said Wade, who is married to his high school sweetheart and has two sons.

"Good friends?" Barkley interjected.

"Naw, Chuck," Wade said with a smile.

Some hilarity ensued. Barkley broke through the commotion to say, "I like Star. She's a cougar."

"What's a cougar?" Smith asked, not so innocently, a perfect lob to Barkley.

Sir Charles promptly slammed the ball home: "Preying on a young Dwyane Wade."

MrHunters
05-08-2008, 07:02 AM
i wish i saw that... that's hilarous

hil arr ious

fishbones
05-08-2008, 08:55 AM
...and when he does, its usually bad opinion!

How can an opinion be "bad"?

I think Barkley's great. Watching him is like watching a game with your buddy who just spouts off on whatever he is thinking. It's refreshing compared to the stale analysis and commentary you get from most guys. He may get some things wrong, but no more so than anyone else. And when he is wrong, at least he's still entertaining and funny.

Clogston29
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
barkley on star jones, funny %$%$%$%$:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MspBoZcoFOY

american spirit
05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
that was on national television? nice.

luds
05-08-2008, 09:37 PM
AWSOME!!!! I missed that. Thanks Josh

ThomCat
05-09-2008, 07:45 AM
barkley on star jones, funny %$%$%$%$:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=MspBoZcoFOY

Charles Barkley ON Star Jones, now that would be funny!!!! :bounce::hidin::rotflmao:

EarnedStripes44
05-09-2008, 02:37 PM
How can an opinion be "bad"?

I think Barkley's great. Watching him is like watching a game with your buddy who just spouts off on whatever he is thinking. It's refreshing compared to the stale analysis and commentary you get from most guys. He may get some things wrong, but no more so than anyone else. And when he is wrong, at least he's still entertaining and funny.

the whole thing about Yao Ming, and how he would never measure up. He trashed Yao, sounds like bad opinion to me.

fishbones
05-09-2008, 03:36 PM
the whole thing about Yao Ming, and how he would never measure up. He trashed Yao, sounds like bad opinion to me.

I still don't understand how an opinion can be "bad". It's just how he feels about something. Opinions are someone's personal feelings and viewpoint, not facts. You may have a different opinion than Sir Charles, but that doesn't make your opinion "good". It just means that you don't agree with his view. It would make for pretty boring t.v. if all personalities had to have opinions that everyone agreed with. And for the record, my opinion is that Yao Ming is overrated and injury prone.

Squid kids Dad
05-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I find Sir Charles entertaining...:hidin:

BassDawg
05-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Thanks, luds, Kenny Smith is the dooood i was trying to think of.
Sir Charles and Kenny Smifft,

TOOOOO FUNNY!!
that piece was especially good.
i also like the fave five ads with DWade and Barkley.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: in my humble opinion :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

EarnedStripes44
05-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Well I suppose an opinion can't be bad, but rather the strength of the propositions and premises that hold it together. So I submit to your superior application of logic.

Yao, I agree is injury proned. But subtract the screws in his foot, he still averaged a double-double (22pts, 10 reb.) in 55 games. I would hardly call that overrated.

RIROCKHOUND
05-12-2008, 05:00 PM
http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=500079

How can you not like Charles?