View Full Version : Bluefish, Bluefish And more Bluefish then some bass

RoyL
05-13-2008, 05:31 AM
4 hours strait of them, but I could only take so much before it was time to look for the bass...Found them shallow, no monsters, but fish to 34" all on top, which was okay by me. Not a bad afternoon. I know those Blues aren't on the love list for most, but you have to admit they bend the rod well. I love the new AquaSkinz, they are amazingly comfortable....great job On this one Kadir, but then again I couldn't expect less from you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AcKoLhbeuU

Flaptail
05-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Nice Roy! Just don't step on any out that deep, they bite!

bloocrab
05-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Nice videos as usual Roy -

Question though - Being that close to the shore, do you think you really have to wade up to your elbows ? I'd imagine you'd get the same distance from shore, if not more being able to load the rod more in the 'dip'....you really can't load the rod as much with your elbows in the water - Unless it was more for the video ?? Just curiouis on your approach, thanx.

EarnedStripes44
05-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Nice fish

hq2
05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Why does everybody seem to hate flubish so much? Yeah, I know they crowd out stripers and have nasty teeth. But still, they're hard fighting, easy catching, and when prepared right, actually pretty tasty. For years during the striper moraturium, they were the only game in town, and I have fond memories of trolling up dozens of them off Westport in the early 90s. Guys, there's plenty of striper opportunities; don't blame bluefish for getting in the way!

eelskimmer
05-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Roy,

Almost recognized that beach since camera appears to be high
and possibly on a jetty. Always a pleasure watching fish being
taken from beach. And that top looks absolutely watertight.
Keep up good work.
:happy:

RoyL
05-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Nice videos as usual Roy -

Question though - Being that close to the shore, do you think you really have to wade up to your elbows ? I'd imagine you'd get the same distance from shore, if not more being able to load the rod more in the 'dip'....you really can't load the rod as much with your elbows in the water - Unless it was more for the video ?? Just curiouis on your approach, thanx.

Thanks guys......Im in the water ..one for the video just to show how dry these tops are and two...I like the ride. I like the feeling of when you hook up and that fish pulls forward and you loose ground for a little. You can actually see me floating in the video a little....Almost like having a wet suit on, but warmer right now. So ya a little of both, tho sometimes getting out a few feet makes a diffrence.

stiff tip
05-14-2008, 03:57 AM
u r out so deep?????? the blues r behine u ..... nice bass though .

Raider Ronnie
05-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Nice video !
But where is the sponge Bob rod & reel !