View Full Version : Motion to Ban

nightfighter
05-15-2008, 08:31 PM
The season is on. I hope each any everyone of you meet and exceed any goals you may have set for yourselves.

That said; I would like to make a motion to ban any and all discussions/arguments regarding catch and release versus keeping as many fish as allowed by state laws each day, through Thanksgiving.

Having been around the block here on S-B for a bit, it appears that this subject is single largest source of BS that pervades other sites. I am all for conservation, but I am not here to judge another who follows the laws.

chunk
05-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I give it a week

spence
05-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Ahhh, it's a perpetual argument...you can't ban it.

Are you feeling guilty? :devil2: :hihi:
-spence

Saltheart
05-15-2008, 09:53 PM
The discussions about conservation and the awareness of it as a choice is something people should be allowed to read and post about. Now I agree the tactic of attacking people as fish killers every time someone shows a picture of someone holding a fish does get old fast. I think we keep it under control if someone goes overboard.

Nebe
05-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I just forward the pics to the DEM. :sspam:

Pt.JudeJoe
05-15-2008, 10:59 PM
:angel: If you want to be nice to fish get an aquarium.

Raven
05-16-2008, 04:38 AM

had an aquarium and he'd catch and release his fish after making them lay on the palm of his hand while he scolded them for fighting
so much... depriving them of swimming and breathing just long enough to teach them manners....then he'd drop them back in.

he told me after i watched this scenario unfold that he had to do the other fish last month.

Back Beach
05-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Ban? No way.
Good, informed debate is healthy provided it doesn't get personal. Its like the shore vs.boat, plugs vs. eels, and sox vs evil empire.
Granted another member and I take the plug/eel thing to extremes sometimes,but it's in good fun. He's got me down for the count now though.:smash:

Raven
05-16-2008, 05:23 AM
He's got me down for the count now though.:smash:

just smack the mat three times and you get to start over :bl:

numbskull
05-16-2008, 06:12 AM
just smack the mat three times and you get to start over :bl:

Nah, I bought a spinning reel this year, which is the medical equivalent of having your gonads removed. Still haven't stooped to using it, however.

Raven
05-16-2008, 06:21 AM
that only real men use conventional reels

and that your now mellowing with age....

after doing the dog's work this morning
chasin away those friggan turkeys

i can't bare to move.... the pain is that fierce
in my shoulder/neck

our dumb jacuzzi wont heat the water now and when i
flip the 220 breaker on the sub panel it just re-trips. :hs:

bastard.....

so sumthin is very screwed up... with it..
and thats what fixes me.... so here i sit

havin coffee

JohnR
05-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Tempting, but it really is important to still being able to discuss it as long as it is discussion and not pi$$ing contests too much.

Numby - those ZBs sling eels very well :lm:

zimmy
05-16-2008, 07:43 AM
I always enjoy a good big fish killing discussion. Especially hearing from those who have been there and back again over the years.

Joe
05-16-2008, 08:02 AM
If you really want to preserve the fishery, go hookless. If the excitment of the fish hitting the plug and knowing that you could have caught have caught the fish (if you had hooks on the lure) is not enough for you, then you're not a true sportsman.
For more info - go to .................
(commercial link removed)

MrHunters
05-16-2008, 08:40 AM
If you really want to preserve the fishery, go hookless. If the excitment of the fish hitting the plug and knowing that you could have caught have caught the fish (if you had hooks on the lure) is not enough for you, then you're not a true sportsman.

i respectfully disagree. but this thread although inevitably will go there is not about arguing the point.

there is much more to fishing than just a fish hitting the plug.

Clogston29
05-16-2008, 09:03 AM

Joe, the fish could still get hurt hitting the plug, and that is just plain mean. I think this year I'm going to wade out to my favorite rock and visualize casting, hooking and fighting fish. Actually, that will leave too much of a carbon footprint, thus destroying the environment and negatively effecting fish. I guess I'll sit at home with all the lights off and just think about fishing.

InTheHole
05-16-2008, 09:09 AM

Too funny, that should be a bumper sticker

The Dad Fisherman
05-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I always make it a point to Hold my fish as they bleed out so they can go peacefully, knowing that somebody cared....

tattoobob
05-16-2008, 04:59 PM
To me the only reason someone kills every legal fish they catch is there selling them, If I was selling fish I wouldn't be posting pics of them. 2- 25 pound fish goes a long way. I don't think you need to kill a legal fish once a week never mind twice a day

bart
05-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Bingo!

fishaholic18
05-16-2008, 05:42 PM
To me the only reason someone kills every legal fish they catch is there selling them, If I was selling fish I wouldn't be posting pics of them. 2- 25 pound fish goes a long way. I don't think you need to kill a legal fish once a week never mind twice a day
You would if you had my son to feed, he'll woof down a 20#er in one sitting, if ya don't believe it, come over for dinner..Or ask Canalman..He'll confirm..

tattoobob
05-16-2008, 05:52 PM
You would if you had my son to feed, he'll woof down a 20#er in one sitting, if ya don't believe it, come over for dinner..Or ask Canalman..He'll confirm..

Wow

fishaholic18
05-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Wow

Yup...16yo 210# weightlifting eating machine....Everything...(within legal limits)...helps......;)

Karl...why the %$#@ not???? How ya been...Long time no see...

tattoobob
05-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Yup...16yo 210# weightlifting eating machine....Everything...(within legal limits)...helps......;)

Karl...why the %$#@ not???? How ya been...Long time no see...

chinese food, I love it too much. beats fish any day.(I don't eat fish)

my food bill just tripled my son moved back in, he take a lunch to work plus supper and snakes, we went from 1 gal. of milk every 2 weeks to 1 gal. a day

I am lucky to eat 1200 cals. a day if i.m lucky

fishaholic18
05-16-2008, 10:07 PM
chinese food, I love it too much. beats fish any day.(I don't eat fish)

my food bill just tripled my son moved back in, he take a lunch to work plus supper and snakes, we went from 1 gal. of milk every 2 weeks to 1 gal. a day

I am lucky to eat 1200 cals. a day if i.m lucky

Sounds like you need to start likin' fish, we love striper on the grill... I hear ya on the milk, he kills a gallon a day..I don't drink the stuff...

Tagger
05-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Nah, I bought a spinning reel this year, which is the medical equivalent of having your gonads removed.

Its all in the wrist...