View Full Version : Bill Nolan/The Fisherman

numbskull
05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Excellent lead article in the surf edition about the costs of a fishing obsession.......probably the most helpful (and difficult) piece he has ever written. Kudos also to Dave for publishing it. Something we all struggle with but rarely admit. Well done, Bill, and a credit to you.

NIB
05-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Excellent lead article in the surf edition about the costs of a fishing obsession.......probably the most helpful (and difficult) piece he has ever written. Kudos also to Dave for publishing it. Something we all struggle with but rarely admit. Well done, Bill, and a credit to you.

I agree.A good article that I thought had a message I have been fighting with myself..At 47 yrs old I am starting to feel the effects of late night outings.I am real busy with work an there is this inner conflict going on.Fish/Work..I stayed in last night in the miserable weather I would have loved to be out in cause of his article.I need to take better care of myself also.
I have more feet to taste.:hf1:

Rob Rockcrawler
05-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Im relatively young at 31. And his life mirrors mine quite well unfortunatly. D&d's, mcdonalds, taco bell, mt dew, the zombie walk, 1000 yard stare, butt dragging at work. I love it but do realize that it isnt the best way to live. So baby steps this year. I packed a lunch, 3 apples and a bannana. Diet soda, water. A planned nap tonight. Take a few precautions as he indicated and maybe we will all make it thru without to many problems. My shoulder is shot and my wrist isnt quite right, my right knee is half blown out and my back is a chiropractors worst nightmare, or fantasy depending on insurance payments. Im still going for a all day trip as we speak. What is moderation???

Rockport24
05-17-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree, great article, it's something that needs to be talked about
there's just something so addicting about fishing though, more than anyother hobby in my opinion, I can see how one can let it take over.

MrHunters
05-17-2008, 11:05 AM
can we view this anywhere?

Rockport24
05-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't think so, if I"m not mistaken, the Fisherman doens't have a website :huh:
you should subscribe though, well worth it.

Clammer
05-17-2008, 03:22 PM
been /there / done that .Billy put it in words /.. you can never replace the time you have taken from friends & family because of this addition / many times I have wished I smartened up earlier //but better late than never & I was there when it really mattered at the most ...
ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE &&& don,t make fishing all that you have >>>>>>>>>>> in your mind ><><><

slow eddie
05-17-2008, 03:36 PM
the minute you realise that your not enjoying fishing. take a couple of weeks off and reasses your priority's. been there, have the divorce papers to prove it.

Joe
05-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Was it the article that was posted before?

snake slinger
05-17-2008, 03:59 PM
bunch of liteweights

bassballer
05-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Was it the article that was posted before?

yes it was posted here and on a couple other sites as well. Great article. Specially for us younger surfcasters.

Joe
05-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Good article and very true for a lot of people, but not nearly true for most.
For most people fishing is a very positive experience - it's important not to lose sight of that.

davisd
05-19-2008, 07:33 AM
:lossinit:What issue was the article in??? It is probaly in the ones that I did not receive. I have to call this morning the mailman must be keeping all mine. Cant wait to read it though.

BasicPatrick
05-19-2008, 07:59 AM
I agree it was a great article and not another repeated subject...good job Billy and to Dave )editor) for approaching the subject matter.

Joe
05-19-2008, 08:59 AM
"People like interesting reading."
J. Peterman

Raven
05-19-2008, 09:09 AM
can we view this anywhere?

In your minds eye....
try a little soma fm space music to go with it

everything in moderation... :uhuh:

well except for hillary bashing of course :tooth:

(you)-(will)-(quit)-(running)-(this)-(race)-:deadhorse:
.................................................w hack! whack! whack! :bsod:

striperman36
05-19-2008, 12:11 PM
IF MY FISHERMAN EVER SHOWS UP I WILL READ IT!@!

chris L
05-19-2008, 02:27 PM
I thought it was the best article written in sometime in any magazine . Bill shared a lot that most wouldnt dream of .
That was an awesome read Bill .

i hope people read and listen .

Back Beach
05-19-2008, 03:25 PM
I thought it was the best article written in sometime in any magazine . Bill shared a lot that most wouldnt dream of .
That was an awesome read Bill .

i hope people read and listen .

Agreed. Kudos to Dave too for publishing content you don't normally see in the fishing mags.

RIROCKHOUND
05-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Agreed.
Nice job thinking outside the box Dave/Bill...