View Full Version : Camping with Kids

Finaddict
05-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey all you fathers out there that have taken your kids camping. I was planning on taking my 3 year old daughter camping in late June, but the situation has fallen through. She was very excited about sleeping in a tent in the woods.

A friend of mine who took her kids camping offered to go camping with us and she wants to do it this weekend.

So I am looking for a recommendation for the Mass area - preferably near the Mass coast or Southeastern CT - so that we can get back home easily enough if it doesn't work out with her -- actually it's so we can go fishing too, try to combine the two if possible.

I am looking for a campground or park - essentially a good place for us to pitch a tent, build a fire but also has activities close by. Per her age, it needs to be easy access in and out.

Appreciate any insight you can share.

Thanks,
Andy

The Iceman 6
05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Rocky Neck and/or Hammonasset State Park in CT.

Rick Ackley
05-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Cape has quite a few nice parks.

macojoe
05-20-2008, 05:38 PM
My tent days are over!! I now have a 30 footer! I have been camping here for 15 years, light on the activities, But getting better now that they got in with Jelly Stone.

Right off 495 at the cape 10 min from the Canal, 10 min from Wal-Fart and stores for all the stuff you forget! Good Luck!

http://www.mapleparkfamilycampground.com/