View Full Version : Some new ones

EricW
05-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Here are some I just finished for this season. I thought I would post a pic before I throw them at the bluefish down on the cape. I am planning on getting down there this week and the next couple weeks after.

numbskull
05-20-2008, 06:09 AM
Lucky bluefish!

VTBasser
05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Maybe you'll be lucky and they will only bite the hooks...Ya right! Those yellow eyed devils are fun but destructive. They look great - have fun with them.

EricW
07-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Well, I had a good late spring down on the cape. Got a bunch of trips in and got to throw some of my plugs at the blues. Here are a couple pics of one of the plugs with some teeth marks. Caught a whole bunch on that one! Still got a lot of life left in it. But thinking of hanging it on the wall. I Have a section of my collection dedicated to chewed up plugs. Paint and epoxy held up pretty well. That particular one has flex coat lite on it and createx paint. I was happy with this plug design. There is 1 oz of lead in it and it flies like a rocket, it skips accross the surface nicely.
My devcon plugs held up pretty well too. Always experimenting with finishes.
One afternoon we absolutely hammered the fish. Got into a nice 2 hour blitz at 4 pm.
Looking forward to a good fall season. Doing a lot of freshwater fishing now, hope to get out to the salt again a couple of times in between.

GooGoo Man
07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
I would not hang it, the mojo is just begining! Nice job:lama:

humphrys
07-22-2008, 10:07 AM
I made one similiar to your red and yellow one last year and the blues killed it. The one thing that I noticed was that they would hit it and knock it 2 feet in the air. I believe this was because I didn't use a middle hook. Very nice.