View Full Version : canal....word has it

stiff tip
05-23-2008, 03:47 AM
there was a good surge of fish through the ditch mid week on early mornin braking tides . has anyone been there ...tons of cars at halfway gate....should b good this wknd :kewl:

Flaptail
05-23-2008, 06:51 PM
there was a good surge of fish through the ditch mid week on early mornin braking tides . has anyone been there ...tons of cars at halfway gate....should b good this wknd :kewl:

"Are you here to fish or are you here to F()CK me up?"

A famous canal fisherman once said that to me.

hyefisherman2
05-23-2008, 07:06 PM
no fish in the canal not even worth trying ;)

niko
05-23-2008, 07:15 PM
i heard someone weighed in a nice fish for the rt tourny

Moses
05-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Not going to know unless you get your a$$ down there. Tues - Thurs were very nice down there with the tides. Lots of fish but nothing big to speak of for me. But I heard certain folks did well wed & thurs at a certain spot.

niko
05-23-2008, 08:33 PM
the canal is not my cup of tea. i've spent plenty of sleepless nights there. it is productive but not how i like to fish. i still fish it on occasion but it is definately a love/hate deal.

MarshCappa
05-23-2008, 09:07 PM
the canal is not my cup of tea. i've spent plenty of sleepless nights there. it is productive but not how i like to fish. i still fish it on occasion but it is definately a love/hate deal.

This is what I find so facinating about our sport. There are so many different ways to fish which for a guy like me with not a lot of time can be very daunting. I've been to the canal many times and feel like I know nothing about it. I have a deep admiration for those who master it's uniqueness. Last year I bought a skiff and found out how different that was from surfcasting and now I'm trying to spend as much time on that as possible with the occasional bridge or rock trip to mix things up. This gives me an idea for another thread.

Bass Babe
05-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Went up this af. Everyone was fishing with their buckets and huge white rods, but I didn't see anyone catching. But then again, it was daytime. I did see a sweet fe-mullet, though. Made the trip worthwhile.

missing link
05-23-2008, 09:42 PM
today I saw many vehichles at the cape side parked along the BYPASS
EARLY 6 am does any one work I even saw birds working and yesterday. The Hudson river was busting with bass just B-4 sunrise @ the 90 & 787 interchange you can see over the gaurd rail when you got a big truck.
I even saw today fish being caught off exit 28 rt 95 nb in RI
yes I get around but it will cost YA
LL LINKKKKK

seadevil
05-27-2008, 01:37 PM
the canal sucks