View Full Version : Cox Cable in Tiverton area

basswipe
05-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Anyone else in this area experiencing issues with digital cable?

My upstairs digital box on more than one occasion has shut itself down.Doesn't show the time,no remote functions work other than the ability to change channels and am only receiving extended basic.Both times Cox sent a signal and reset the box and it works fine for now.Attitude from the rep to boot during today's call.

This better not happen to my HD box during a race!

Pete_G
05-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I've basically made it a policy to trade in my HD box once a year or so since the Cox office is nearby in Portsmouth. I swear it's the worst thing Motorola ever put it's name on. They run very hot so I wonder if that's what causes such a short lifespan.

My current one is about 6 months old and regularly crashing when I hit pause. Time for another one I guess.

Adam_777
05-25-2008, 12:02 PM
My girls mother has the same problems.She's been getting a new box every few months also.Mine has been in my place for at least two years maybe a little less with no problems.Seems everything is cheaply made lately.

basswipe
05-25-2008, 12:14 PM
The HD broadcast of Indy is having some problems right now to boot.Better not have any issues during the 600 tonight!