View Full Version : My Son's First Officially Caught Fish

MarshCappa
06-01-2008, 06:47 PM
My 3 year old son Jacob and I hit the neighborhood pond this afternoon and he reeled in his first fish. We've been a bunch of times and had our bait robbed but this time he landed a nice pickerel. I managed to get a phone shot before he wriggled off the hook. We were using shiners.

BlackBeard
06-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Great work Jacob & Dad ! Hopefully more to come.

Moses
06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Very nice, you'll remember this day.....

BrianS
06-01-2008, 07:11 PM
awesome... just awesome...

Slingah
06-01-2008, 07:21 PM
nice....:hee:...stories like your make me wish I had a boy ( in addition, not instead of ).....well maybe I'll be blessed with a grandson someday...
keep up the good work dad....

MarshCappa
06-01-2008, 09:00 PM
The funny part about this day was I was just trying to get him out the house because he and his sister (11) were not getting along and Mom was frustrated. I said to him let's get outside for awhile and you know what he said? I'm not bull%$%$%$%$ting you guys now but he said "lets go to the bait shop and get some little fishes so we can catch a big fish!" How could I argue with that? We had to run a few errands and he feel asleep in the car before we got to the bait shop. I drove home and when I went to take him out of the car he woke up and said so matter of factly, "Did you get the bait?" When I said no he was so mad. I drove right back to the shop and he picked the shiners out. He could stay by the water all day. We got there at 2:30pm and left at 6pm! He'll be a way better fisherman than me. I'm just trying to show him the great outdoors and appreciate what we have around us. It's funny listening to him use the fisherman expressions like "Dad that fish hit that shiner hard!" I never taught him to say that and I found my self laughing because he was right, it did hit it hard and put up a good fight. Sorry if I'm boring anyone with this thread but i'm just a proud papa today.

5 String Bass
06-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Thats awesome, congrats

Green Light
06-01-2008, 09:47 PM
First fish at 3 years of age. Sounds like a fishing prodigy!
Congrads!!!

MarshCappa
06-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Jacob tore into these this afternoon. He wanted to bring them back home to our aquarium! Hilarious! He's really getting it now. I think these are Crappie. Anyone know?

stars'nstripers
06-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Jacob tore into these this afternoon. He wanted to bring them back home to our aquarium! Hilarious! He's really getting it now. I think these are Crappie. Anyone know?

yes its a crappie, nice job getting him into fishing at a young age.

seabass
06-07-2008, 07:07 PM
What it is all about right there!

tattoobob
06-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Congrats to your son :kewl:

BassDawg
06-08-2008, 02:23 PM
WTG, Jacob and Dad!!!

not boring at ALL!!! very life affirming, as

that is what IT'S really all about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

can't wait to get my daughter to catch her first
real catch. she's reeled in some smallies that i hooked,
could be this summer. these are the BEST times of our lives!!!