View Full Version : Books?

stars'nstripers
06-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I am sorry if someone already asked this question but i was unable to find the thread. Does anyone know of any books about fishing for striped bass in cape cod?
tight lines,
Sn's

BigFish
06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
"20 Years On The Cape" by Frank Diagnault is a must read as are any of his other books!:kewl:

BigBo
06-01-2008, 11:51 PM
There are several books by Phil Schwind. They are a bit dated, but very good reads with a lot of good info and history.

Clogston29
06-02-2008, 06:39 AM
"striper surf" by frank daignault

numbskull
06-02-2008, 07:36 AM
While entertaining, Daignault's stuff involves a time when big fish were more plentiful, access much easier, and seals a nonissue. It is worth reading, but temper your expectations accordingly. Things have changed quite a bit, although the techniques he describes are obviously helpful.

jeffsod
06-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Are you looking for instructional books for striper fishing or stories about fishing for stripers?

Lou Tabory has a couple of good books on fly fishing for stripers (one is Inshore Fly Fishing). A lot of what he covers is applicable to other techniques such as plugging the surf not just fly fishing.

While on the subject of fly fishing for striped bass books I have to add that anyone who hasn't checked out Rich Murphy's book Fly Fishing For Striped Bass really should. My first thought was I don't need another book on fly fishing for striped bass. But this book is exceptional and not to be overlooked.

stars'nstripers
06-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Are you looking for instructional books for striper fishing or stories about fishing for stripers?

I am looking For instructional books.

Slingah
06-03-2008, 03:26 PM
I am looking For instructional books.

give Zeno's book on fishing plugs a read....

fishbones
06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
give Zeno's book on fishing plugs a read....

I second Zeno's book. It's not specifically about the Cape, but the techniques, etc... will work anywhere as long as there are fish around. It teaches about structure, tides and other important factors when deciding where to fish. And when you find the right spots, you can fish with plugs or bait. But remember, if you fish with bait it's considered cheating.;)

BIG TIM
06-03-2008, 03:49 PM
I would have to 3rd Zeno's book... Its a great read with lots 'o' info! ;)

MikeToole
06-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Having read a bunch of books on striper fishing the one I would rate as a must have is "Secrets of Surf Fishing at Night" by William A. Muller. The real value of the book is on rigging and fishing rigged eel. Muller also wrote "Fishing with Bucktails" which is another good read.

BigFish
06-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Sorry....thought you said you were looking for books about fishing Cape Cod? Else I would have recommended Zeno's book or DJ Mullers book!:kewl:

Zeno
06-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks guys for your kind words.
I hope you find the upcoming sequel equally interesting :read::)

Zeno
06-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Having read a bunch of books on striper fishing the one I would rate as a must have is "Secrets of Surf Fishing at Night" by William A. Muller. The real value of the book is on rigging and fishing rigged eel. Muller also wrote "Fishing with Bucktails" which is another good read.

I like Doc's book a lot