View Full Version : another theft thread

MotoXcowboy
06-02-2008, 03:12 PM
got all my fishing gear stolen out of my truck friday night in E.G. area. I suspect it was a drunk walking around water street after the bars closed..who knows.

I lost all my stuff except a surfcasting rod that was in IGs car with my Penn. All my tackle, except for a few things I had at home, is gone. They stole my dinky schoolie setup and the cheap combo I bought Island Girl last year (my beater combo). Probably well over $300 worth of stuff. All my tackle they took hits me the hardest. alot of stuff I made, or had given to me, or just bought over the past 3-4yrs.

On the bright side, since I dont have alot of money to re-stock all my stuff. Looks like I will go back to the basics and try to keep it simple. A few topwater plugs, swimmers, needles, tins, bucktails, and bait..probably throw alot eels the rest of the season..

Today, Island Girl and I visited Quaker lane and Steve hooked her up with a pretty sweet 8' titanium rod, i forgot the name of it but he said it was good and came with lifetime warranty for anything and then we matched it up with one of the new model Penns they have there. It all cost her 130 and he spooled her up for free....she got a much better set up now.

I dont want to use my surfcasting rod (it was an uncles who died so it is more sentimental wall hanger) and my penn 7500 is to f#$%^&* big (mistake buying it) So I bought a 8' star rod to use on the shore and boat. Steve said its the same one he uses from shore and on boats. Just need a decent spinning reel to go with it. Thinking of getting a old 704 or maybe a used VS. any suggestions? thanks.

Moses
06-02-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll PM you later.

This sucks!!!!

Clammer
06-02-2008, 05:15 PM
MC

If I/G had dressed properly yesterday >especially for the weather ............. you would have left with all ya would ever need ><><>:crying:

Nebe
06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
That sucks warren. here is a secret. all you need is a stick a string and a dozen snag hooks....Thats all you need.

Swimmer
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
MC

If I/G had dressed properly yesterday >especially for the weather ............. you would have left with all ya would ever need ><><>:crying:

:bl::heybaby: She is a cutie pie, no doubt.

teaser
06-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey they got my brother too!

He came home from a very rare night of fishing one of our local haunts at 2:30 am and took his rods out of his jeep but left all the tackle in it ... big mistake!

Someone came along while he was getting an hours sleep in the house before going to drive his 18 wheeler to Maine and they took everything out of his jeep, even the cd player that was somewhat mounted to the dash.

But get this they not only took that stuff but they took his doors too! Can you imagine someone having the nads to steal the doors to his jeep too? They even tried to take the roof but they must've heard him in the house and took off.

I feel your pain and his, now I have to turn some more plugs for him so he's at least got something to toss around. I hope the both of you find out who ripped you's off and then rip their arms off.

I hate theives! :gorez:

Island Girl
06-02-2008, 11:02 PM
On the plus side I got a new pole and reel today! I can cast soo much better much farther then the last pole we tried um out @ sunset moto caught 2 and as for me I got the big Skunk.....

I think I need a few more lessons :hs:

clammer: you think if i wear the FMS on the boat you can put me on some lunkers? :bl:

-Warren here: thanks for all the PMs guys yall are too kind.. I will write you back when I get a chance. Gotta go to bed now :sleeps:

Heres 2 pics of the day.
I/G using the new fishing setup
My first bend in the new pole :hf1:

Steve V/S wasnt joking, this stick is the best Ive ever used..

JohnR
06-03-2008, 05:56 AM
This theft crap sux, sorry to hear this.

MotoX - Also sounds like you were suppressing I.G.'s skills with bad gear - she's gonna out fish ya now :bl:

Fishpart
06-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Careful barefoot on those rocks...

Theft thing SUX!! Like to catch the MF :gorez:

teaser
06-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Good news MC on getting another setup.

My bro also got good news last night, one of his friends was approached by a guy in a bar who wanted to sell some jeep windows and sure enough they were my brothers. They went outside and after my bro's friend saw my brothers markings on the windows he just turned and laid the guy out and called the cops, the cops got all the stuff back from this thief and returned it to my brother. Turns out this guy has been on a rampage with a few buddies robbing everything in sight and the cops have been looking for him, the cops asked how he got a busted mouth and lost a couple of chicklets and people around at the time said he fell down and landed mouth first against the curb!

I hope you get the chance to get all your stuff back too and maybe a little side justice!

reelecstasy
06-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Ahhhh, Karma... :claps:

FishermanTim
06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Ahhhh, Karma... :claps:

Yup, gotta love that Karma!:deadhorse::fight::devil:

Adam_777
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Sorry to all those that got gear stolen.Sad world we live in when people steal fishing tackle.Glad to hear that one guy got a partial payback for his actions.Serves him right.Your brothers friend is a better man than me.I would have definitely went for a few fingers after he was KO'd .Glad he got his stuff back.

Island Girl
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Here is a pic of the new reel I bought last week

Squid kids Dad
06-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Here is a pic of the new reel I bought last week

Shweeetttt

animal
06-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey Moto,my brother is an EG cop.Did you file a report? I could mention it if you filed.pm me your real name.

Slipknot
06-23-2008, 07:34 AM
:af: I hate thieves :af:

That sucks Moto, it's a terrible feeling when you find your stuff ripped off by some no good j.o.
These days ya have to lock everything up tight and keep an eye on your stuff even while fishing, it's sad.