View Full Version : Amazing and terrible photograph

spence
06-03-2008, 09:53 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24943229/

Holly %$%$%$%$!

-spence

Nebe
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
wow. See just one more reason why I never drive grey cars.

buckman
06-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I feel like doing that sometimes when I'm stuck behide them. That is a scary photo.

PaulS
06-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I feel like doing that sometimes when I'm stuck behide them. That is a scary photo.

Considering that they have every right to be on the rode, maybe you need to get some help for your problem.

buckman
06-03-2008, 03:08 PM
They can have the "rode"

Adam_777
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Who cares it was in Mexico ? Do they even have laws or are they just making one for the American drunk driver? Picture is priceless.I love how they capitalize on the AMERICAN driver who was DRUNK.It could have been worse.It could have been an American bike race in Texas and a DRUNK MEXICAN could have fell asleep at the wheel.Wait I don't think there's any Americans left in Texas.I take it all back.Sorry for the misunderstanding.

PaulS
06-03-2008, 07:02 PM
They can have the "rode"

Good one - I guess I was hungover when they had spelling class in grad. school.

buckman
06-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Sorry Paul, it was just kind of hanging out there waiting for me to hit it.

spence
06-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Sorry Paul, it was just kind of hanging out there waiting for me to hit it.
You may want to check your own spelling then :rtfm:

-spence

buckman
06-04-2008, 01:32 PM
You should see how pathetic I am around a key board

rjinhull
06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
They will be set life

MotoXcowboy
06-08-2008, 10:43 PM
thats messed up. :doh:

the guy in green had an angel over his shoulder telling him to pull over.

off topic from this photo:

I do wonder why some byciclist here in RI act like they own the road?? they piss me off when they're to far in the lane or riding on roads that really arent rideable=safe for normal traffic. the racer types with tight little race suits.. wtf.. I love it when im on a backroad with my harley and a group of them is all in the f#$%^&*# lane. I have to get over on the other side of yellow to pass them safely...Ill come up on them slow - giving them the chance to pull the f$%^ over but no they usually dont...so I blow by em close, hard, and fast with a fist full of throttle how do you like my straight pipes a$$holes. GO FIND A BIKE PATH theres tons of em in the state.

PaulS
06-09-2008, 07:08 AM
thats messed up. :doh:

the guy in green had an angel over his shoulder telling him to pull over.

off topic from this photo:

I do wonder why some byciclist here in RI act like they own the road?? they piss me off when they're to far in the lane or riding on roads that really arent rideable=safe for normal traffic. the racer types with tight little race suits.. wtf.. I love it when im on a backroad with my harley and a group of them is all in the f#$%^&*# lane. I have to get over on the other side of yellow to pass them safely...Ill come up on them slow - giving them the chance to pull the f$%^ over but no they usually dont...so I blow by em close, hard, and fast with a fist full of throttle how do you like my straight pipes a$$holes. GO FIND A BIKE PATH theres tons of em in the state.

I love tough guys who blow by me when I'm on my bike but refuse to stop to "discuss" it. They don't have to be on a bike path, they have every right to be on the road. I'm sure your decked out in your full leather (chaps also? and harley jacket :jester:) when your laughing at their outfits. Do you cry when someone is driving too close to your bike?

That said every bike rider is suppose to be as right as practicable.

likwid
06-09-2008, 07:33 AM
so I blow by em close, hard, and fast with a fist full of throttle how do you like my straight pipes a$$holes.

Its a bit smarter to just chock it up to a bunch of douches and give them a wide berth than one of these days catch a ULock in the face.

spence
06-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Because they do own the road, as do you.

Bicyclists in a group will often stack up in a peloton to save energy, and angle the group in a double line into the wind, rotating lead positions so everybody shares the burden.

Even with a lot of recreational riders this isn't any larger than a truck footprint wise, and I'd assume you know how to pass a slow moving truck?

Bike paths are unsuitable for serious cycling, this should be pretty obvious.

It's more than ironic that the one person here who delights in taking themselves airborne via motorcycle is so upset when a little extra care is required to navigate the road!

Back in the day I used to race and obviously trained a lot. I've had every insult and even a few beer bottles thrown at me. Nobody has stopped yet, although it has happened.

I have seen an angry motorist get in front of a group and slam on their brakes. Little did they know that bikes can stop much faster than cars, and those little pointy bike shoes are rock hard and can kick a clean hold in your rear quarter panel :rtfm:

Now I"m usually by myself or have my son in tow. The bike trailer with the big orange flag is like a giant GET THE %$%$%$%$ AWAY billboard for men and a magnet for the babes :hihi:

-spence

RIROCKHOUND
06-09-2008, 08:58 AM
As a non-spandex wearing 1-2x a week bike commuter, you should realize that some of us have to ride on the road to get to/from the bike path...

I agree a group of cyclists taking up the whole road can be annoying, but no more annoying than a group of middle-aged bankers on Harley's cruising along 1A at 10below the speed limit to be seen... they have the right to be out there, I have my right to be on a bike, just like you do on your bike w/straight pipes (are straight pipes street legal? not busting chops, I just dont know). I'd hate for you to run too close, and bump one or startle someone and cause a crash... tough to explain to the cops...

chris L
06-09-2008, 02:22 PM
bicycles should be ridden on the side of the road unless they can ride the posted speed limits . then and only then should they be out in the travel portion . Any proffesional riding organization will tell you that .

a person operating a bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, low-speed vehicle, or moped upon a roadway must ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable, exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or a vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

a person operating a bicycle upon a highway or street at less than the existing speed of traffic would have to ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except as follows:

-- When overtaking and passing another bicycle or any other vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

-- When preparing to turn left.

-- When conditions make the right-hand edge of the roadway unsafe or reasonably unusable by bicycles, including surface hazards, an uneven roadway surface, drain openings, debris, parked or moving vehicles or bicycles, pedestrians, animals, or other obstacles, or if the lane is too narrow to permit a vehicle to overtake and pass a bicycle safely.

-- When operating a bicycle in a lane in which the traffic is turning right but the bicyclist intends to go straight through the intersection.

-- When operating a bicycle upon a one-way highway or street having two or more marked traffic lanes, in which case the bicyclist could ride as near the left-hand curb or edge of that roadway as practicable.

I respect bicyclists that follow the rules and have a brain .

PaulS
06-09-2008, 02:32 PM
From the use of the word "practicable", I know you didn't write that:wave:

chris L
06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
copy and paste . Im not writing that much crap . would take me forever the speed I type . LOL

spence
06-09-2008, 02:51 PM
bicycles should be ridden on the side of the road unless they can ride the posted speed limits . then and only then should they be out in the travel portion . Any proffesional riding organization will tell you that .
But it's also completely subjective as to what's safe. Different riders with different skills on different roads could mean anything...it's still just as much your road as anyone else.

-spence

Island Girl
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
I am going to take both sides on this I feel as though that it is ok to ride a bike on the side of the road, just as long as your aware of the motor vehicles around you, and give them the right away.

The thing I don't like about them, is the fact that most of them (not all) ride next to one another and not in single file that drives me insane it's not right and simply rude!

Adam_777
06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I hate to chime in again on this great hijacked topic but....... If you do ride with a child in the back please don't do it on a busy road with no sidewalk.Nothing aggravates me more than someone riding a bike with a child in the buggy in the back going down a street with a 45 mph speed limit and no side walks.I mean wtf that really gets my blood pumping.Bike riders don't bother me all that much besides the earlier scenario as stated.The road is for all of us to use.If we all just relax and treat everyone as humans not just someone in the way it'd be a better place.Even for the spandex wearing,pointy helmet crew that think they are going the speed limit .

spence
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Riding with a child trailor on the sidewalk would be suicidal, please, go try it and report back, assuming you can find more than 100' feet of continous sidewalk in RI.

I picked up my son from day care last week via bike. It was a fantastic workout and he had a blast.

The problem isn't a 45 mph road, it's the freaking drivers who think life will end if they are bothered to slow down for 15 seconds while they wait for traffic to pass. There's a reason bikes aren't allowed on the highway, but are on local roads...duh.

Just relax and slow down.

-spence

RIROCKHOUND
06-09-2008, 04:23 PM
The problem isn't a 45 mph road, it's the freaking drivers who think life will end if they are bothered to slow down for 15 seconds while they wait for traffic to pass. There's a reason bikes aren't allowed on the highway, but are on local roads...duh.

-spence

Exactly.
get better mileage driving a bit slower anyways... I know w/ the price of gas I'm driving a lot slower!

buckman
06-09-2008, 04:57 PM
If you do it for exercise then why draft the guy in front.:bl: t's not the freaking tour de france. Occasionally I have to get someplace, like a job and I do get a little po'd when I'm on a narrow road and they have to run 2 maybe 3 wide and they are passing each other with little regard to the automobiles. The roads are built for cars and trucks. :af:

Joe
06-09-2008, 05:18 PM
I like the dui people you see going back and forth to the packy on bikes - their cigs must burn down awful fast.

Adam_777
06-09-2008, 05:22 PM
People really need to just slow the eff down and relax on the road.The problem isn't the people on bikes it's the A-holes behind the wheels that leave 10 minutes late for work and have to go 100 everywhere .Another reason why I am prejudice against the human race.

spence
06-09-2008, 05:23 PM
If you do it for exercise then why draft the guy in front.:bl: t's not the freaking tour de france.
A good number of those riding 2 wide in an echelon race at an amature level. It's important training for the real deal...

-spence

MotoXcowboy
06-09-2008, 09:56 PM
I love tough guys who blow by me when I'm on my bike but refuse to stop to "discuss" it. They don't have to be on a bike path, they have every right to be on the road. I'm sure your decked out in your full leather (chaps also? and harley jacket :jester:) when your laughing at their outfits. Do you cry when someone is driving too close to your bike?

That said every bike rider is suppose to be as right as practicable.

ha! that cracked me up :jump: "tough guys who blow by you" well what do you expect when yer goin to f-slow for the speed limit? why the f#$%^ would i want to stop and discuss it? you pissed me off....:smash: what is there to discuss? get the f outta the way. your bike takes up 2 maybe 3 feet why do you have to be practically in the middle of the lanes?

Ha...yeah you have no clue buddy, I dont own any chaps or harley jackets. I own a harley wallet, a harley hat, and one harley t-shirt. I am assuming you are one of those guys riding in "tights" because I seem to have struck a nerve with the outfit talk. lmao.. thats just funny right there. ahahaha..

uh no i dont cry when people get to close to me...I get pissed when oblivious morons dont pay attention.

Yeah...whatever. im alset with internet drama. have a nice day. see you on the rode :jump:

MotoXcowboy
06-09-2008, 10:05 PM
A good number of those riding 2 wide in an echelon race at an amature level. It's important training for the real deal...

-spence

Is the road a place to be training like this? maybe find an oval track or someplace safter than 35-45mph heavily traveled roads. look not trying to start a fight here either. I got bigger fish to fry. I have only blown by a few aholes who really deserved it. The racer types in a group who refused to get out of the road/my lane. it probably wasnt the wisest choice at the time but I was aggrivated.

the people riding / traveling together single file, familys whatever as long as there not in the the friggin way its cool. I dont even have a problem with the people towing kids..although I do think its pretty unsafe. I wouldnt do that if i had a child. to many aholes on the road. :hidin:

although I do hear ya about the sidewalks not being tow friendly...just dont think id get one of those things...there kind of wide/scary...

alright im out of breath on this...gonna go find something more fun to talk about. later

spence
06-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Is the road a place to be training like this? maybe find an oval track or someplace safter than 35-45mph heavily traveled roads. look not trying to start a fight here either.
There simply is no other place to ride. It's called "road riding" for a reason...what's funny is that bikers get the same reaction back home in Iowa where there's so much freaking land and everything is spread out. The motorists still throw a fit because someone thinks they have equal share of the road!

I'd say idiots towing boats around here are a much larger problem than the mostly law abiding cyclists out there.

Another angle is where we live, being blessed with such a beautiful scenery. Even better to be able to ride around and enjoy it...

I'm a very defensive cyclist, even more so when I've got my son in tow...although if I really thought someone would hit me from behind, perhaps the only real threat, I don't think I'd be on the road myself.

And I do wear the funny shorts, although I keep my sweater a little looser than the skinsuits I used to wear, and I no longer shave my legs.

-spence

PaulS
06-10-2008, 07:08 AM
ha! that cracked me up :jump: "tough guys who blow by you" well what do you expect when yer goin to f-slow for the speed limit? why the f#$%^ would i want to stop and discuss it? you pissed me off....:smash: what is there to discuss? get the f outta the way. your bike takes up 2 maybe 3 feet why do you have to be practically in the middle of the lanes?

Ha...yeah you have no clue buddy, I dont own any chaps or harley jackets. I own a harley wallet, a harley hat, and one harley t-shirt. I am assuming you are one of those guys riding in "tights" because I seem to have struck a nerve with the outfit talk. lmao.. thats just funny right there. ahahaha..

uh no i dont cry when people get to close to me...I get pissed when oblivious morons dont pay attention.

Yeah...whatever. im alset with internet drama. have a nice day. see you on the rode :jump:

This should be fun - Bikes don't have a speed limit - so your wrong there (again). So your the type of guy who tries to piss people off and runs away (real tough). Does your wallet have a chain? - cool, I wanted one of those in 4th grade. Yup, I wear "tights" but again, you'll laugh but not stop to discuss instead, you'll "blow" by them. Who said anything about crying - you seem to be the one with the anger issue.

Good luck on the road, hopefully, people will give you more courtesy on the road when your on your bike then you seem to give other people.

PaulS
06-10-2008, 07:32 AM
The problem isn't a 45 mph road, it's the freaking drivers who think life will end if they are bothered to slow down for 15 seconds while they wait for traffic to pass.

Another good one is when your on a bike and get to a stop sign ahead of a car and they roll thru the stop sign even though they see you. I always think - are you that lazy that you can't take your foot off the gas for 5 sec.

spence
06-10-2008, 09:30 AM
Another good one is when your on a bike and get to a stop sign ahead of a car and they roll thru the stop sign even though they see you. I always think - are you that lazy that you can't take your foot off the gas for 5 sec.
I have a real problem with people who blow through stop signs...we have one near our house where I've nearly been hit several times. Guys with 30' boats in tow will roll down our hill and just go right through it. If a kid was there there's now chance they could stop.

I'm sure MotoX is just giving you some flack. Anybody who would actually buz a cyclist to make a statement would be a grade A a$$hole in my book.

-spence

MotoXcowboy
06-10-2008, 09:40 AM
This should be fun - Bikes don't have a speed limit - so your wrong there (again). So your the type of guy who tries to piss people off and runs away (real tough). Does your wallet have a chain? - cool, I wanted one of those in 4th grade. Yup, I wear "tights" but again, you'll laugh but not stop to discuss instead, you'll "blow" by them. Who said anything about crying - you seem to be the one with the anger issue.

Good luck on the road, hopefully, people will give you more courtesy on the road when your on your bike then you seem to give other people.

yeah ok, this is fun:confused:. bikes dont have a speed limit you're right. what I dont understand then is why not let you guys race down the breakdown lane in slow packs down the highway? They dont allow that.. but you're allowed to be in the middle of a lane on a 45mph road, it just seems to make no sense to me and thats where the aggrivation comes in.

if im pissed off = your bike race in my lane..yeah im gonna blow by you,..wtf why stop. are you gonna stop if i stop? no you're RACING! :smash: all this tough talk makes me laugh you dont know me...internet arguements are stupid. if you want to PM about this or hell meet me im sure we can work something out :)

no my wallet is not attached to a chain. its an everyday leather wallet..with a HD logo. :)

I already discussed the tights.. It doesnt really matter what I think though. Wear what you want..I just think you look queer.

you asked me "Do you cry when someone is driving too close to your bike?" and my response was "I get pissed when oblivious morons dont pay attention" see the previous posts.

I dont have an anger problem. I have a problem with racers in the road who arent riding practicable.

yeah good luck to you too. I wouldnt want to be the one out in the middle of a busy section of road with a pack of little bikes. It seems like a recipe for disaster. Please take your own advice and give the vehicles doing the speed limits in heavy traffic more courtousy and ride single file, maybe double wide at the most. What bothers me is the packs of 5-6wide who take up the whole lane. Ride practicable, and get the f%&* outta the way.

spence
06-10-2008, 09:51 AM
What bothers me is the packs of 5-6wide who take up the whole lane.
How often do you see riders 5-6 wide? :huh:

-spence

Bass Babe
06-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Reading this makes me never want to ride my bike on the road again. Or leave the house in any capacity, even. Are there really that many selfish, egotistical, "the-world-owes-me-something" people out there? The world is full of people, and sometimes you have to share with them. I'll call someone a douchebag with my windows up, just like the next person, but there's no way I'd risk endangering someone's life (or my already high insurance rate) to show them my displeasure. That's it; I'm becoming a hermit. Good thing they deliver groceries.

Island Girl
06-10-2008, 10:01 AM
How often do you see riders 5-6 wide? :huh:

-spence

A few times, and thats what I am talking about. The rest of the bicycles on the road never bother me. The guys who are 5-6 wide taking up the whole lane are not sharing the road and are the ones my posts where about. How long am I supposed to ride behind you in 1st gear(I know they heard my pipes) before you let me by? No they never did so I romped by them. And it wasnt unsafe (to close). I think I know how to ride a bike (see my avatar?) I just get aggrivated by ignorant riders/people..

I think im on I/Gs screenname shes browsing and I dont want to change names to post again. have a nice day. we're going fishing

spence
06-10-2008, 10:13 AM
A few times, and thats what I am talking about. The rest of the bicycles on the road never bother me. The guys who are 5-6 wide taking up the whole lane are not sharing the road and are the ones my posts where about. How long am I supposed to ride behind you in 1st gear(I know they heard my pipes) before you let me by? No they never did so I romped by them. And it wasnt unsafe (to close). I think I know how to ride a bike (see my avatar?) I just get aggrivated by ignorant riders/people..

I think im on I/Gs screenname shes browsing and I dont want to change names to post again. have a nice day. we're going fishing
Dude! I was getting all worked up getting into IG's post and then I read it's you? :yak: :yak: :yak: :yak:

-spence

spence
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vFEn0R0u10

spence
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
:yak: :yak: :yak: :yak: