View Full Version : Strange Hook Up

DRUMCORPFAN
06-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Fishing this past weekend I had two bass hooked on the top of there backs and two bluefish hooked on the sides. All other fish caught where in the mouth, Just thought I would run this by you guys as what do you think was going on. Where the fish lower then my lure and I was fishing over them? I had a bomber on witch was only say
2 to 3 feet under the surface. what was up???????????

JLH
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Thats not too uncommon especially with plugs that have multiple sharp treble hooks. Could be the fish went for the plug and missed and you set the hook accidentily snagging the fish. Or the fish may have been hooked in the mouth but broke free only to get snagged up in the trebles again.

DRUMCORPFAN
06-03-2008, 03:29 PM
ya know jlh that makes sense, I do crush the barbs on my treble hooks I bet they did come out thats why the odd hook up.

BasicPatrick
06-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Drumcorpfan...that is not that unusual at least for me when using Mambos and Bombers...a lot of the time I think I have a larger but it is just a foul hooked medium.

I witnessed a truely strange one Sat night...My brother hooked up using a cocahoe...the shad was in the fish's mouth just like all the rest hook down inside the throat but the fish was a Bunker...this was no snag. I was pissed my camera was in the car.